I Try to Hang on Other Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Try to Hang on Other Forums

But most are so boring. That's all most people talk about are the traditional builds that bore the shite out of me.
    And half of them can barely play yet they are so opinionated.
    Oh new guitar day .. then you look and its another fucking Les Paul or Strat or Tele design.
    Sorry man just ranting but the most of the people are just so boring and unimaginative.
    Don't people get sick of the same shit all of the time? Find your own damn tone for Christ's sake. Be unique. Be your own person.

OK I feel better now.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

That's right! Guitar design didn't end in 1962! Playing techniques didn't just stop growing in 1969!

It was closer to 1982.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I don't go to other guitar forums, I barely talk about gear even over here, I just like to harass the jcf'ers.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'm on the telecaster forum cause I'm building a couple of teles. I went with a new Babicz bridge design for my project. Wow did I cop it for that. Quotes like "Leo got it rite the first time". Very narrow minded people.
        Last edited by THOMO; 03-17-2010, 09:06 PM.
        Charvel CST 060 1992
        Charvel CST 070 1992
        Charvel CDS 090 1993
        Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
        Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
        Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
        Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
        Duesenberg 49er 2012
        Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
        Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
        History TH-LS Limited 2009
        History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Leo most certainly didn't get it right on the first tele bridge - that's why he improved it with the Strat bridge.

But from a tone perpective, I can understand why some would say the traditional tele bridge sounds better. You're kind of over a barrel though with a vintage tele bridge because there's no way to really intonate it properly. Compensated saddles help but individual saddles don't sound right. IF you want the traditional tele sound.

I'm the same way with vintage Strat bridges - if its not a Floyd, then its the old style 6 hole trem - I don't want to try wilkensen, gotoh, tonepros, 2 point whatever.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

People become so closed minded. Their opinion is that because they hear this tone or that tone on a record that it is THE tone to emulate.

They gotta play this kind of guitar because Clapton or SRV did.

Human nature I guess. Takes balls to be different and unique.

I go to jams and ask who wants to try my PC1 for example and no one will because they are too scared to play a guitar with no fret markers. Or I ask if they want to try out my V-Pick. I guess the pick is to weird for them - never even occurring to them that maybe they would play better with it or it might improve their tone.

So many lemmings and sheeple.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Whenever one of those corksniffing posers gives you shit, tell 'em stfu if they're not playing one of these:

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                now that's badass!
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah, I understand what you are saying.

I read the Warmoth forums and some other guy built a hardtail Strat like mine (well, a Warmoth hardtail with the same bridge) and was asking about Graph Tech saddles for it to replace the bent steel ones.

First fucking guy responding is like "WHY?" wanting to jump all over his ass about the "vintage tone" and all that bullshit.

Fuck vintage tone. If I wanted a guitar that sounded just like a Strat, I'd go buy a Strat and be done with it.

Same shit on the Boogie forums... The Mark V is shit because the IIC+ mode doesn't sound like a IIC+ with Pull Deep engaged, or doesn't sound like someone remembers his IIC+ sounding, etc. Whatever, it sounds pretty fucking good to me, I dial it in how I like it and it rips.

So, yeah, I hear ya. I just can't get into that cork-sniffy vintage crap at all. :dunno:

Comment

I enjoy USACharvel's board, good folks there and sometimes the Rig-Talk forums but I don't really care to discuss guitar much anymore which is why 95% of my posts here are in the Non Jackson/Charvel section. I'd much rather talk amps or sports than guitar...even though I still enjoy playing guitar....I pretty much said everything I can say about them. I don't offer much value in those threads other than "sweet" or "nice score" LOL
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

different hoax for different folks i always say.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yeah I laugh, I'm a Drummer who's is learning guitar and I like putting guitars together with the parts I want. Because I have never been into guitars I do my research and try to spec a good guitar. I dont mind what name is on it as long as it plays well and sounds good. Perry from Ormsby guitars is just finishing mods to a my Strat to fit this tremolo. Can't wait for the comments on the other forum to tell me it is junk etc....

Charvel CST 060 1992
                        Charvel CST 070 1992
                        Charvel CDS 090 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                        Duesenberg 49er 2012
                        Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                        History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Nice guitar Thomo! You made me google that cool bridge! Interesting reading on it. Keep us posted.
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

ah, so that's what you meant by Babicz bridge! I thought you meant you were using that splayed string design from their acoustics
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

They have some youtube videos, there are bridges for a few different types of guitars and basses. Check them out with an open mind you mite like what you see.
                              Charvel CST 060 1992
                              Charvel CST 070 1992
                              Charvel CDS 090 1993
                              Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                              Duesenberg 49er 2012
                              Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                              History SH-LSV 2010