No0b on board!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No0b on board!

Greetings fellow Jackson enthusiasts! I'm Chris from VA and have acquired myself quit the collection of Jackson's over the years. Been playing since I was around 8-9 and am now 25 and is hardly any better (if any). My current collection consists of

RR1 - metallic black, EMG 81 & 60, brass block
    RR24M - snow white w/ black bevels
    RX10D - AMS Polka Dot finish, EMG 81 & 60
    RWR - black w/ blue metallic flake, EMG H4
    KE3 - Crimson Swirl, SH6 & TB4
    JR20 - Black, my first love, being restored, soon to be done as soon as the pickups arrive, just going with a SH2 & TB4
    DR7 - Transparent Red, just wanted to try out a 7 string.. not really my type but its different
    RR5 - Ivory w/ black strips (just bought tonight, cannot wait!)

I do have two Washburns Dime 333's, a dimebolt and dimeslime. I like taking guitars that have been neglected over the years (not abused) and putting all new pickups, pots, switches, input jack, buffing with a medium/fine cut and polishing the heck out of them. Well in a short sentence, just making them look like new again.

I used to own 2 other Jackson's that I unfortunately sold for other funding reasons. One was a Mint.. SL3 transparent red that was absolutely beautiful, but it was hard for me to get used to the dinky style body since I grew up playing the JR20 (Rhoads). The other was a PS3T (or Y depending on how you call it) that I sold to fund the RR24 (well worth it!!)

And now...time for a

I used to frequently visit the local Guitar Center and just browse around. This one guy came up to me and asked me if I needed any help. To whom I just replied "Nope, just looking at your Jackson's" To which he replied "Man... aren't Jackson's kinda... dead?" I felt like he had slapped me in the face and I wanted to return the favor. I quickly replied by halfway screaming "Hell no!!" (/rant)

Nice forum you have running here guys, i've been stalking for the past couple of days. I hope to share what little bit of knowledge I know and hope to learn a lot!
    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Welcome to the board!

Comment

Nice collection, welcome to the forum, and no...Jacksons/Charvels are definitely NOT dead.
      Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Welcome CKJ
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Virginia native.

Jackson,dead?Just like metal huh.It ain't going away!Long live Jackson
          BLS/SDMF

Comment

Thanks everybody for the welcome! I'm really liking the forum so far since its not like everybody on here is trying to prove something to one another. Or acting like others are inferior because cannot play as good.

Balloo your only 2 counties up from me, I reside in Richmond County.
            Chris

My fleet of guitars

Comment

Originally posted by CKJ View Post
              Thanks everybody for the welcome! I'm really liking the forum so far since its not like everybody on here is trying to prove something to one another.
              Just wait.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the welcome! I'm really liking the forum so far since its not like everybody on here is trying to prove something to one another. Or acting like others are inferior because cannot play as good.

You better hope you play good or elssse.... welcome dude!

Comment

What the heck is an RWR?:think:
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    What the heck is an RWR?:think:
                    RosWellRhoads?

Comment

Indeed, a Roswell Rhoads. I thought that was just the standard abbreviation for them.

To show my lameness on playing, i'm just a self taught person who doesn't know a single chord. My short crooked fingers don't allow me to play chords properly w/out contact with another string or now pressing it down all the way on the frets. I honestly like working/collecting more than I do playing. If there was ever a need for repair work done then i'd open up a shop. But many guitar shops have failed to stay in business over the years so I keep my day job.
                      Chris

My fleet of guitars

Comment

I do have two Washburns Dime 333's, a dimebolt and dimeslime.

Nice forum you have running here guys, i've been stalking for the past couple of days. I hope to share what little bit of knowledge I know and hope to learn a lot!
                        I have two 333 Dimebolts! Welcome to the JCF. It is a great place to learn and hang out.

Comment

Working...
                        X