Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve McQueen

...would have been 80 years old today.
    Here's to the coolest mofo that ever was!

Terrence Steven McQueen was born eighty years ago today. Three decades after his death, the King of Cool has lost none of his luster. This one goes out to him, Peggy Moffitt, and a certain Ferrari Lusso.

I first saw him in Papillon when I was a kid, still love that movie a lot, Steve was just amazing.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Bad Ass in Nevada Smith.
      The man did shit his way, and didn't back down.
      Models
      The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
      I dont need furniture.
      If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
      If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
      And rock that sucker.

Comment

Just saw the last few minutes of The Cincinnati Kid.

I guess I missed too much because it seemed like a stupid ending.

Comment

nice article. I think the first time I saw Steve was in The Great Escape. And probably The Magnificent Seven next. Those were the type of movies we'd watch on a Sunday afternoon with dad when I was a kid.

I've seen a bunch of his movies a bunch of times, but still have some catching up to do - only just caught The Getaway for the first time a few weeks ago.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Magnificent Seven is an awesome movie. Never really got into Steve though. Eddie Izzard has a funny bit about him in the Great Escape though.
            Scott

Comment

I remember watching The Magnificent Seven too many times as a kid, cool movie but not nearly as great as the original (Kurosawa's Seven Samurai)
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Also if you haven't seen The Sand Pebbles, Check out.
                Great flick.
                Models
                The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                I dont need furniture.
                If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                And rock that sucker.

Comment

The Hunter was a good movie. I loved when he was driving the rental Trans Am to go pick up those two crazy fugitives from that farm. classic stuff!
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Papillon is my dad's favorite movie and I have seen it numerous time. My fav would probably be The Great Escape. I loved watching Bullitt, but honestly that was for the car scenes. His exploits in racing are very interesting and from time to time Speed will play footage of him. Cool guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X