Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving soon - won't be on for a while

Hey guys!

I haven't really talked about this because it's nothing extremely special or unique, but , earlier this year, i applied in the Canadian Armed Forces. Specifically, the Navy. I went through with all the formalities and tests, and I was accepted. I found this out last month. I leave next week for basic training. I'm a little nervous about some details, but I'm going to try my best to prove myself and hang on.

I just wanted a formal chance to say thanks to everyone on here. It's been a rough trip for some, but I think we made it out all right. I can be a little rough around the edges at times, and for that I apologize. However, for the most part, I had a great time spending my spare time on here discussing music and Jackson guitars with you guys! I learned a lot of stuff, and thanks to all your comments and valuable advice, I acquired two beautiful guitars, which are now part of my front line.

The reason I'm posting this is that I am unsure if I'll get any time to talk about Charvel's 8th batch and fight with people in the Challenger thread.
    I hope I'll be able to keep in contact because I think there's a lot more than just a wealth of info on Jackson guitars here. There are some really good people, talented musicians , some good comedians and jerk offs (referring mostly to me ).

Anyways, I don't usually bother doing this, but I'm gonna miss shopping for Charvels and Jacksons and then coming on here to find out what they are worth, subsequently offering 400$ and never hearing from the seller again .

I'll be around for a couple of days and then you won't hear from me for at least a month, but probably more. Again, thanks for being awesome. For a newbie, I felt at home quick enough.

Private Recruit Fender signing out!

stay out of harms way Fender
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Canada has a Navy?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Bye Fender, good luck!

Grandturk, yeah, here's a recruitment poster:

BWAHAHAHA! :ROTF: :ROTF:
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
          I'm a little nervous about some details
          Don't ask, don't tell?

Comment

Here's their Air Force:

:ROTF:
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good luck man.... I was in the Navy here in the states, had a great time. I don't know much about the Canadian Navy but I'm sure it fine.

Enjoy seeing the world... I did... and hit them up for a good education.... It really helped me after i got out....

Good luck man..

Yo Kramer Infinity Sustainer
              Kramer Focus 3000
              Jackson DR3
              Washburn SB-8 T-Bird

Comment

Good luck. I think its great when people decide to join their county's armed forces. For allies it means there are more people out there doing a good thing. For our enemies its great for our men and women to have something to shoot at.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Our navy is small and definitely lacks the big "showboat" ships but our smaller frigates and destroyers are quite advanced and capable ships crewed by professional soldiers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_class_frigate

I know you are just poking fun, but we are a little further along than the 1939 Polish Cavalry was.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nah we have a decent Navy, but it's not like it used to be. We also have no where near the same budget as the U.S. guys do. Then again, as far Canada goes, what's the point of harboring and maintaining a war size fleet when there is no big conflict.

We currently have 33 ships and submarines in active duty. Apart from the occasional NATO involvement and the many hurricanes and earthquake relief aids we've deployed over the last few years, we have been basically involved in the Persian Gulf. Patrolling and protecting trade ships and what not. Here's one of the 3 destroyers that we have and that I'd like to be stationed on.

Seriously though, we have a very well organized Navy and we are active. I guess it's funny that if you type ''Canadian Navy'' in google images you get those pictures and a few others.

Then again, this is the first picture i found when i typed ''Americans'' on the google image search. Sorry guys, the world has spoken

Comment

Have fun.

Comment

I know it's all in good fun, but just a reminder- The Canadians, when called upon, fought like animals on D-Day, taking Juno Beach & ultimately penetrating further & faster than any other allied army while taking brutal casualties.

Nevermind WW I where they deployed 600,000 men who suffered terribly but fought fiercely.

I love bagging on the Canadians, truly. I mean, a BEAVER? Reindeer? WTF is that aboot? But while they haven't shown up to every party the United States has thrown, when the forces of civillization has a big one, they've been there every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          Canada has a Navy?
                          NO foolin!! I had no idea Canada had a military. I thought they had some Royal Canadian air force or something that was pretty much just ceremonial like the Blue Angels we have and that was it. so they have boats too? far out. I always thought we should attack Canada just for fun and practice.
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Good luck and be safe bro. I really like Canada, only had the Detroit River between us when I lived in the Detroit area. Canada is our closest friends, they do fight along side us in Iraq and Afganistan. They don't have a large number of troops in the service because they have what, 30-40 million people in the population?

Don Cherry always gives nods out to the fallen Canadian soldiers on HNC...some real emotion there too..
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                              Canada is our closest friends, they do fight along side us in Iraq and Afganistan.
                              That's the truth. I've worked with Canadian Infantry and they're all soldiers to the core.

Comment

Working...
                              X