The 2010 MLB Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
    I just saw the pre-game in Detroit shawn, they just gave that kid a car for his performance yesterday, i thought that was very cool.
    Question for you, what if that call was made in the 1st or 2nd inning? do you think it would be nearly as big a subject?
    I'm not sure it would be as big of deal if it was in the early innings. I think it being on what would have been the last out (it was the last out) of a perfect game draws more attention. Who knows, if the play happned in the second you know all the talk during the game in the later innings would be all about a blown call costing a pitcher a chance at history it still would gain a lot of momentum and bad press for MLB..
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• what the hell is goin on in the AL east Tommy? Now you have the Sox a game behind both NY and TB, all 3 teams with 41 wins....

I think I'm liking this IL play streak at 7 for the Tigers. The Rangers are also killing the NL teams...
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Witnessed the Buccos end a 12 game skid Saturday night against Cleveland. The pregame tribute to the '60 World Series champs was very cool...Maz received an outstanding ovation.

Comment

• the A.L. East is a bloodsport, Yankees have weathered a shitload of injuries, plus Tex and Arod haven't
          come close to performing how they should, when they do watchout because the pitching has been very good overall, not the bullpen, it's shot,
          but the starters have been great.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• heck Toronto aint doin too bad either.....

Rangres are on a roll, winnning with long ball, small ball, w/ the bullpen after eary starter exits etc. Hambone batting .337...dude went .600 aganist the stro's. When 5-6 yesterday against them...
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Jeff Beck plays National Anthem @ Tigers game

JEFF BECK Doing the National Anthem at the Detroit Tigers game vs. The Diamondbacks.at Comerica Park. The Tigers won 3-1.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Cliff Lee's a Ranger.....YES!

shawnlutz.com

Comment

• yeah, but you won't be able to hold on to him, he'll be a Yankee in 2011

Comment

• yeah I know. They need to win this year, they don't have Stienbugger deep pockets here to have a legitmate shot every year like NY does. It a one shot deal for Texas imho.I think its a good move myself. Smoak has potential but batting .209 and inconsistent. We have Crush Davis who was sent down because he was inconsistent at the plate and he actually had a better batting average than Smoak imho....Davis went .285 his rookie year, .238 the next and was sent down before he could get going this year, under 20 games or so
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Texas is a legitimate contender now, I think it's a great deal for them.
                      Every time Seattle tries to build a team, it falls apart, they can't hit at all,
                      and now they lose Lee. I need to be in some kind of front office managerial
                      position, I could do it. Poorly though I might add.

Comment

• they are fun to watch and good see the excitment for a change and good crowds at the ballpark. Big Bad Vald looks to be a difference maker and should help them stay ahead of LAA (what were they thinking letting him go?) and also provides a good healthy inner competition with Hambone who is having one heck of first 1/2 half of a season.

I don't think I've seen the Rangers at 50 wins before the all star break since I've been in big D in 98.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Lee debuted yesterday...first two pitches as a Texas Ranger were doubles...2 pitches, one run lol. The real story was the 22 yr old Tillman he was facing, no hitter til the 7th. Lee missed his flight the night before and flew from Seattle to Texas on game day. he actually showed up at the ballpark at 5pm for a 7:05 game
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Lee's highest E.R.A. is in that park in Texas for his career.

Comment

• The colorado rockies have been on terror as of lately. Plus you have The "amazing" Ubaldo at 15-1. They should be in first place after today.

Comment

• jimenez has been the best pitcher so far, along with josh johnson for the marlins.
                                how did you like the 9 run 9th against the cards the other day horse? stupid question right?

Comment

Working...
                                X