Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2010 MLB Thread

Sunday Night- Yankees-Red Sox -Opening Day
    I think only about 2 games will seperate the two teams by the end of the year, the Sox have a great staff on the mound.

Certainly plenty of changes to the Yankee roster. More than expected.

Rotation:
    Fairly strong top to bottom.
    Hughes should be a very good #5 and Vasquez has been off this spring training. jury is still out on him pitching the A.L. East. AJ has had a ton of walks already in spring training, his control is spooky. Mitre/Aceves are in reserve

Pen:
    Only question mark is lack of a second lefty. Middle relief is solid, between Joba/Robertson/Marte, the 8th inning should be ok.

Lineup:
    Granderson/Damon----Johnson/Matsui-----Gardner/Cabrera.

Granderson should offer more power and better defense than Damon. He needs to show he can play in NY and hit lefties better than in the past.
    Johnson needs to stay healthy and hit for more power.
    Gardner has never been an everyday player at the big league level. The Yankee brass is high on him, I'm not. Gonna miss Melky's arm.

The infield is great, all stars at every position.

Catcher should be ok as long as Posada stays healthy.

The bench has question marks, but can be adjusted mid season, if need be.

Barring injury, this should be a good team and in the playoffs.

I said God damn!!! I love Baseball.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

So happy baseball is back. Got the SI Baseball Preview yesterday. They pick the Red Sox to finish 3rd in the East, and the Rays to get the wild card. They are then picking a Rays - Phils World Series.

I have better feelings on the Yankees roster this year, then I did last year. Love the acquisition of Vasquez as the 4th starter, and the decision to put Hughes in the rotation was the right one. Joba's makeup/attitude is perfect for a setup role to Mo. I would not be surprised to see a rematch of the WS this year. Both the Yanks and Phils will be tough.

Comment

Granderson will be fine in NYC Tommy....

Damon (aka gurly arm) won't be in Detroit
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

granderson has not done much this spring with the bat. Has to hit lefties better.
        Yanks had many walkoffs last year via damon and matsui, hopefully without them
        they can not lose half of those type of wins without their clutch factor.

Comment

Go Phillies!!

Comment

spring dont count tommy lol
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

yeah but it would be nice to see him hitting the ball.

Comment

hmm...maybe he really didnt have an off year last season...lol.

I just hope the Tigers pitching staff can remain healthy....Rangers too. Its going to be a fun season and I'm sure I'll get into it more once the NHL playoffs are done. I havent followed much spring training so I have no clue on how my teams look right now other than the standings that I don't put much into. I know when I played sports, I couldnt get into pre-season games as a player, they don't count so it affected my mental game. The bigger the game for me the better player I seemed to be...
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

i get it, but the last week you like to see some shoring up of the lineup.
                  i hate slow starts, and the yankees had one last year with arod out.
                  the more games you win in april, the less pressure in september.

Comment

redsox/yankee matchup looks good. I'm hoping they lock Becketts talks up before Sunday ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

What a way to start the season. Yanks-Red Sox...........
                      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

that 7th inning certainly was a bust.

Comment

I'm confident they'll turn things around Tommy, 161 more to go lol
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

WTF. I fell asleep with a 5-1 lead, wake to a loss. It's only one game. Nonetheless, not the way you want to start the season against the Sox.

Comment

My dad told me this yesterday...is it true? All Phillies regular season games are sold out?
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X