Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Megadeth video based on Shawn Nelson

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/04/09...ideo-premiere/

I have mixed feelings about this video. On the one hand, the story is powerful and moving and many of us can probably identify with Nelson, at least a little, although obviously we wouldn't have done what he did (not saying I approve or condone it). But the way Dave set this up, reworking himself as the main "character", seems pretty flippant to me. You're a fucking millionaire, Dave.
    I only need one more guitar.

Dave Mustain flippant?! The hell you say!

But seriously, what we should really be worried about is the music seems to be going downhill again. Damn you Dave. Quit screwing around! You screw around too much!

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
      http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/04/09...ideo-premiere/

I have mixed feelings about this video. On the one hand, the story is powerful and moving and many of us can probably identify with Nelson, at least a little, although obviously we wouldn't have done what he did (not saying I approve or condone it). But the way Dave set this up, reworking himself as the main "character", seems pretty flippant to me. You're a fucking millionaire, Dave.
      Hey man, Dave's King. Nothing else to it.

Comment

So this song has been totally redone from the album version... Most notably the drums are WAY different. Wonder why they went through the trouble to 100% redo the entire song for the sake of the video?

Anyway I liked the vid, was fitting of the original story.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

At least he doesn't pretend he's Jesus, like Bono & that douchebag from Creed.

Comment

Of course he's gonna make himself the protagonist, Why else would he bother making a video about it? At least he is sort of telling the story. It does seem odd for him to redo the song for the video, though.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Always been a pretty big fan of Dave. Megadeth probably influenced me more than any other band when I was a teenage shredhead, probably to my detriment (I don't think the Kelly body style really lends itself to good technique unless you broke your hand and it healed upside down like Marty's must have.)

That being said, it's the people you look up to who can disappoint you the most.

Comment

PS - I said "mixed feelings", not that I hated it.

I just think he made it a little hokey when it seems like a pretty fucked up event. I appreciate the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
                  PS - I said "mixed feelings", not that I hated it.

I just think he made it a little hokey when it seems like a pretty fucked up event. I appreciate the idea.
                  The "hokeyest" video he ever made (go to hell) is still my favorite md vid. lol

For me I don't think anything would ever live up to RIP. I like alot of the stuff after but not nearly as much. Then there are things like Risk that I just pretend don't exist.

I really don't even follow the new stuff so much. this is the first I have heard off this album, and I am not rushing out to buy it yet so...idk. But dave/md will always be one of my #1 favorites no matter what.

Comment

Hmmm, what's Dave gonna do next, a video of 44 Minutes where he plays one of the bank robbers?

Here's the wiki on Nelson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Nelson
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's an M48, isn't it? Not an Abrams.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                      X