RIP Peter Steele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Peter Steele

Well, this sucks.... Type O Negative, is done...

TYPE O NEGATIVE frontman Peter Steele is rumored to have died of heart failure earlier today (Wednesday, April 14).

Mistress Juliya of Fuse TV wrote on her Twitter page earlier tonight that she spoke to TYPE O NEGATIVE guitarist Kenny Hickey just before midnight New York time, and that Kenny confirmed that the rumors were true.

Revolver magazine's editor-in-chief Brandon Geist also posted on Twitter that he has heard reports of Steele's passing. "Hoping [the rumors] are not true, but the source is good," he wrote.

It should be noted that there ***has been no official statement*** released by TYPE O NEGATIVE or the band's management to corroborate these reports.

That does suck, I had a blast partying with the band after their Atlanta show supporting the bloody kisses tour. A bunch of crazy guys and the whiskey was flowing .....

RIP
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

How many times he has already dided? 4? 5?
      Peter's sense of humour is well known... I'm waiting for the medical reports.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

He'll eventually stay dead.... Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          How many times he has already died? 4? 5?
          Peter's sense of humour is well known... I'm waiting for the medical reports.

+1

RIP if it's true, but it's kind of like the boy who cried wolf at this point.

Comment

Machine Screw used to show up on my iPod shuffle the time.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

I was hoping it was another hoax but it looks to be real and that's sad. R.I.P. Peter Steele...
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

that's too bad, but i have to say i'm happy cleveland johnny is back here.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Not really Tommy, just got bored a minute...

Thanks for the nice thoughts Hope you're good brother, miss ya.

Comment

Bummer. RIP

Comment

Perhaps not now, but in the end they'll be right
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Well, they already used the joke recently just before Dead Again came out.

If it's true, then RIP Pete
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ugh, was just reading about this over on Blabbermouth. I saw some mention of it (as a rumor) last night, but was tired and not paying attention. This sucks.

When I started getting back into playing guitar after a long break, I would practice improvising solos over songs on Bloody Kisses and October Rust. I lost interest for a while, but World Coming Down got me back on the Type O bandwagon.

RIP Pete. I hope you found at least a little bit of what you were looking for in life.
                          sigpic

Comment

"We spoke with a rep for Type O Negative's management firm who confirmed the singer/bassist had passed away. Roadrunner Records, the band's original label, said the rocker succumbed to heart failure on Wednesday. He was 47."

Read more:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X