Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the new look!!!

Comment

What are you guys running that you are seeing slow page loads? I am seeing .8-2.5 second page loads.

Comment

Nevermind "when", what about "why" was it changed? If it ain't broken, why fix it?
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          Nevermind "when", what about "why" was it changed? If it ain't broken, why fix it?
          What happened to wilkinsi's Posts of Value -1 ?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            Could have been some back-end issues that a new version of the software fixed.
            So maybe it was broken somewhere.

I'm hoping that the new board will bring in a new "something" for a platinum membership.
            I'm not a big enough politics person to get anything out of being able to post in there.

Sandman:
            I'm running Win 7 and Firefox 3.6.3.
            May play with Chrome this weekend as it's supposed to have a faster renderer.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I like the old one better too. Its hard to see the number of pages per thread as the colors seem to be dark gray on black. Older version was much easier. I already miss the Jackson headstock icon for each section too
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I like some of the new features and dislike others. Over all, I thinks its a move in the right direction. Some of the things people don't like I think can be tweaked to make it function better for us. I think we just need to let the admins know. I know the smaller fonts and threadcount #'s are driving me crazy at the moment. The one thing that I noticed (maybe I need to reset it up) is that I no longer get email notifications when I get a PM.

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Yeah, if can resolve the host. I have constant problems with broken link errors from Chrome. Like about 50% of the time it cant resolve a host of a page it was just displaying. When it does work it is fast.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I notice PMs are back...
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I like the new look. I'm running chrome in Win XP, and page loads are as fast or faster than before.

Nice job, Jeremy.

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170 View Post
                        What are you guys running that you are seeing slow page loads? I am seeing .8-2.5 second page loads.
                        I'm seeing 4-5 second page loads. Old system was always <2 seconds. Running XP SP3, IE8 on a kind of slow connection at work. It's a bit faster at home (Win7, IE8) but still slower than the old board.

I do like how the quick reply moves the reply box below the post you're replying to. It also seems to do more with AJAX instead of refreshing the entire page, which is nice. We were phpBB before, right? What made you move to vBulletin?

edit - seeing AlexL's fast performance with Chrome, it may be IE8's infamously slow javascript engine. I'll try it out on my Ubuntu laptop tonight and let you know if it's noticeably better.
                        Last edited by Spivonious; 04-22-2010, 09:17 AM.
                        Scott

Comment

From looking at the status bar in Firefox, it looks like doubleclick (?ad-server?) is slowing things down.
                          What's going on for me is the page won't show until all the elements are in place.

Maybe if you could change the order of what is loaded, it could help?
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

If you are running IE8, be sure to turn off compatibility mode.

Comment

Mine's already off, but I still get that lagging effect whether it be changing pages or scrolling down them.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Tried it with Chrome on XP here at work and it was still slow. I think it's my web connection here, as a ping to jcfonline.com kept timing out.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X