Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a drummer...when it rains, it pours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a drummer...when it rains, it pours!

So, I've been trying to re-form my band recently, and it's been pretty tough finding a drummer and a singer. The band has been on an extended hiatus since our drummer died almost 2 years ago. We decided that since we were looking for a drummer, we'd also try to find a better singer, since our last guy was kindy iffy, and had absolutely no charisma or stage presence. Finally, a guy answers the ad I placed, and actually sounds promising. It turns out, it's a guy we know from years ago who sang in a local band, and joined up with another band with a record deal, and ended up touring with Overkill, Testament, Machinehead, and a bunch of other well known acts. He's a great guy, a fantastic singer, and has really good stage presence to boot. So, things are definitely looking up, and then while I'm on vacation for a week, the singer, and my other guitarist, somehow dig up 5 potential drummers, and a guy who is probably the best drummer in our area who says he will fill in for us whenever we need him. One of the guys has videos on You Tube, one of which is a cover of YYZ, and he pulls it off flawlessly.

I think things are going our way for a change.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

great news Zeegs...I hope you get er going abd back to playing out live
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, me too. 2 years is too damn long. :l
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Congrats! Good drummers are hard to find.
        Scott

Comment

Cool news Zeeg!! Hope it all comes together quickly for ya!

Comment

very cool!!! that is always a great feeling!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X