Ok now WTF are these???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok now WTF are these???

The clamp thingie, anyone have a clue WTF those are?

I have a feeling Rsmacker will know
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

They kind of look like those leashes you put on your kid. Maybe you can tie up a whole school bus full of kids with one of those things.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

They look like those things you use to reach things with. You squeeze the handle and the jaws clamp together.

Or, it's a penis enlarger, I dunno. :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
          I have a feeling Rsmacker will know
          I think Wilksy Baby will have a better idea, they are right up his boulevard.
          Remember: no pain, no gain.

(I think they are for electro-plating or powder coating stuff. Nah, fuck it, nipple clamps!)
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

NOt a very clear picture, but they look like pullers...at least thats what we called them...at some locations we would have to erect a tent and then stake it to the ground. Well sometimes those stakes would have to go through concrete, pavement, rock..whatever. When it came time to break the tent down and depart, those stakes driven into those kinds of materials were nearly impossible to pull by hand. We would bring the forklift over...hook the chain end to a fork...place the clamp onto a stake and raise the forks. As the chain gets pulled, the tighter the device clamps. Very simple, but what a backsaver.
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

It'd help to know what they're hanging from and where they were found, but offhand I'd say they were clamps for holding some sort of tool.

The cables appear to be coiled, which would indicate flexibility (rubber, etc), and the clamps don't appear to close, merely grasp.

I'm thinking they're holders for handheld hair dryers for a beauty salon, but the "tree" they're on seems a bit off for that. Can't be an industrial tool hanger (ergonomics) - the coiled cables wouldn't be strong enough for anything useful.

Given the design of the pedestal they're on, it can't support anything heavy or do any serious work.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They are sitting inside a vacant shop, which is next to a row of other vacant shops in a mainly Korean part of town. They look like heavy duty mic stands. At the top of each one there is an LCD display that you can't see in the picture (snapped this through the window) and 3 switches. On either side of each "clamp" there are 2 hooks, none of it which looks like it was made to hold anything too heavy... I thought perhaps something to do with garments, but I can't find anything close to whatever these are.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                  erect
                  Huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got it!

Wind generators for the toy car.
                    Scott

Comment

Looks like the prototype human attachments to power the coming matrix. The early versions attach to your testicles, instead of a jack in the back of your neck. LOL

Comment

LOL. None of you guys were able to guess what they are?? If you have little kids you'd know. Those are the clamps that pick up the toys from a bin. you insert a couple of quarters at least, then you have a joy stick to position the clamp right above a toy your kid picks, hit the button, these clampy things come down and try to grab the toy. Most of the times, they lose the toy. But if they hold onto it, they drop it off at the collection port. I've lost a bunch of money cause my wife's made it a habit for my kid to ask for it everywhere she sees one. :facepalm:
                        Sam

Comment

it's a pimp rack. those are handcuffs to chain hookers on to a mobile platform.
                          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

PimpRack 5000
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's hard to clearly see them, it appears that there are 3 spring operated gripping clamps per "arm" and a ballast in the middle. There are clearly 3 rocker arm switches, I'm guessing for some kind of lighting(as the only visible power supply/appears to be the 110 cord). Most puzzling is why it's adjustable for height, if it were for production means ~ I would think it would be based on the product.

With the apparent hodge podge of items in there, it's very difficult to infer what that may be. The item in front of it with mirrors, looks to be something for a hair salon. The cieling tiles have all been removed leaving only the t-grid. There's also a book shelf, and what looks like an industrial oven. Of course the kiddie car with a power supply laying on top of the vanity looking item. There are many chairs, pulled up flooring and what appears to be an exhaust vent. I'm guessing it used to be a restaurant. I'm gonna also guess it had some pretty bad water damage at one point, possibly what closed the restaurant. Since all of the ceiling tiles have been removed as well as the flooring, and some sheet rock(you can also see some water staining to the remaining sheet rock) ~ it looks as though it's just being used for odds and ends storage.
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                              X