No announcement yet.

It's nice to be home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, it's great to see you back, man! Sorry to hear what you've been through but you kind of let us know what was up before you dropped off the radar. Glad to hear your bro is better, and I didn't know your dad was sick but glad he is better too.

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch, I have been through the wringer the last 6 months myself. I think I told you about some of it but what happened next made the other stuff unimportant - good for perspective. But I am doing a lot better now too. I need to call you and catch up sometime. I see you are still busy, so let me know what is good for you and I'll give you a call.

Vinny, he's just embarrassed he couldn't handle the gang by himself. He IS a Zurlo, think about it. He needs to learn to appreciate the value of calling in Special Forces though!

Happy birthday, ya young whippersnapper! 46 is young! I just turned 52, I know! Luv ya, mon frere!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Wow, welcome back dood! I hope everything is getting better for you!
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Welcome back Bill. Look forward to some more interesting chat.

My son's birthday today too. He's obsessed with those damn video games, so we don't spend as much time together as you and your son probably do. There's no shortage of guitars or amps, he's got a Laney AOR 50 combo and a KS2 wired with EMGs in his room, collecting dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          HBD Billz...you have been through the gauntlet!
          The boy will come around.

It usually takes place around age 35.
          Just keep it going.
          You're absolutely right Cygs!!!

When I was my son's age, I thought my dad was the meanist dick in the universe..and he was.

It wasn't until my 20's that I realized everything I achieved..it was because of him.

The only difference is my dad is just shy of 18 years older than me, and now we are the closest two people on the planet. I'm 30 years older than my son, and I have a gut feeling I'm not going to be around to see him achiieve his goals..but did everything I could to use his potential.

But I can see that "bad" women is his achillies heal..and that's NOT good!!! So I blatantly talk to him eveyday on the issue!

GOOD pussy on BAD women is a fuggin' epidemic..ever since Adam and Eve (the first bitch)
          Last edited by horns666; 04-25-2010, 11:21 AM.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Welcome back bro, I'm glad to see you return.
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Welcome back Billz! There's been far too much talk about Winger pussy rock while you've been gone!
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Welcome back Bill! We have missed your wisdom around here for too long. I, like you am dying to hear the new Nevermore. I have only been able to find their post 2005 stuff in the chain music stores in my area. I went to a local mom 'n pop metal store and they had their entire catalog. I dropped $250 buying it all with a couple of Paul Gilbert DVD's, the first Metal Church and Vinnie Moore albums. I wore out the tapes of both of those and never found them on CD before. I love this store but I know going there means a $100 minimum purchase so I'm avoiding going back.

I went there before going to see the Evile show and they had a poster in the window. Warrell was in town doing Praises to the War Machine in a small club venue. I was psyched! Then I saw it had happened the week before!

Anyways I picked up a spare Evile toque at the show. PM me your addy and I'll pop it in the mail for you for a birthday present!

In case you are wondering what a toque is, I looked up this definition online. "The Canadian tuque (or toque) is a hat that is used in winter to keep a person's head warm. It is also a well known and iconic symbol of Canada that has roots in Phrygian headwear." I think that means it will make you play more like Yngwie or Loomis, they both love those fast phrygian runs.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hey Now...wassup my brothas!!

I'm glad to be back..it's been too fuggin' long! Oh, my brother will be sentenced May11th. He took a plea for 3-5 years. He's all fucked up about what happened. In fact, his deceased girlfriend's mother wrote a letter to the judge requesting him to forgive him, but he's bound by law for the mandatory. He took her mom for a bike ride the night before ..going the same speed. I did not know that.

My father had knee replacement and is still recovering..he's doing pretty good, but his other leg is totally fucked. So that knee is next. I want him to stay off his bikes until then..I know that really hard for him to do. My dad is the "real deal" old school biker..prez of the Coffin Cheaters and all the shit.

My son will understand. I've been ..well.."sparring" with him showing him how to really fight, and take the fight out of people as quick as possible. He watches UFC, MMA and all that bullshit..that shit has "rules". Animals don't have "rules"..and that's how I go.. fuggums. I'm showing him that the head controls the body, and the window to the head is the face..NOBODY likes anything in their face..It's distracting. Once they're distracted..you go for the win. Also look at your surroundings. People have tunnelvision in a fight. If your in a room..look at what's behind him..a bed, couch, chair, table..anything..anything to bulldoze the motherfuggers over. Then go for the win...works for me...and who wants a poke in the eye...oh yeaah..maybe Rsmacker..

Nick..watupwichooo..Me and Vinny were just watch you "Wankery" on youtube..dude, you're smokin' bro..keep goin' and you may find a job in Nevermore or Megadeth.

BTW..did ya know that you actually become a better guitarist if you don't spend all your time talking 'bout guitars on a forum..who knew?

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

HBD,Bill!Glad to hear that things are starting to give you some room to breathe............
                    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Whats goin on bro!

Just chillin over on my end, I went through a pretty rough time back in January but I've just been tunneling through. GLad you're showing Vin the ropes to fighting, he'll become a monster. Tell him not to be too fascinated with the ground and pound juice heads on MMA. There's no rules in a real fight, it's life or death. I've been focusing on Body Building a lot for the past 7 months, and recently, Tang Soo Do.

Can't imagine anyone fucking with Vinnie, it would be a life time re-enactment of First Blood!

Glad to hear stuffs going better for you bud.
                      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        You're absolutely right Cygs!!!

When I was my son's age, I thought my dad was the meanist dick in the universe..and he was.

It wasn't until my 20's that I realized everything I achieved..it was because of him.

The only difference is my dad is just shy of 18 years older than me, and now we are the closest two people on the planet. I'm 30 years older than my son, and I have a gut feeling I'm not going to be around to see him achiieve his goals..but did everything I could to use his potential.

But I can see that "bad" women is his achillies heal..and that's NOT good!!! So I blatantly talk to him eveyday on the issue!

GOOD pussy on BAD women is a fuggin' epidemic..ever since Adam and Eve (the first bitch)

Around 12 or 13 my Dad & I had a small differing of opinions. He finally said, "Look- I'm going to get dumber and dumber every day for the next couple of years, until you're convinced I am the dumbest guy you've ever met. And then, the weirdest thing is going to happen...I'm going to start getting smart again until you think I'm a genius."

He was right. He was the stupidest motherfucker you can imagine until right around when I turned 18. Then I started having to really work, work hard in college, etc and some of the shit he said made some sense. Then I moved on to my first real job, and he seemed like a really bright guy.

Now I'm married & all that and he's a fuckin' genius.

Welcome back Bill- although sorry to say it sounds like you might be getting pretty stupid for a few years. Tell your kid not to worry- You'll smarten up some day!

Comment

OOOOOhhh Nick Loomis recorded and toured with a Triaxis / Mesa Boogie Stragy 400 and a black RR w/ EMGs in the early years..the first two albums. A feeind that introduced me to Jeff back in '96 has the same gear but he and I liked my Marshalls better..I was never big on the Triaxis. More gain..less tone IMO. But not in Jeff's hands.

HB ...shit man, don't tell me that Warrel toured and I fuggin' missed it...that would suck major balls. I fuggin' LOVE PTTWM..that's my album of the year!!! I picked up the last Evile CD, and a bunch of others..I've been trying to catch up with my metal. I must go through and spread my enthusiasm of some killer newer shit!!!

I finally opened Rust Cooley's Outworld cd...I left me a little cold at first but it is really growing on me now!

Rich, you can call me any fuggin' time bro..funny how my advice to Vinny is pretty universal...regaurdless of age...."Bitches B Crazy"!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday, and welcome home Bill.....
                            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

OH SHIT

How could I forget?

Check it Bill! New Nevermore is sounding sooo damn groovy.

Comment

Nick..I'm on that like poop on stink!!! NV is the best metal band in fuggin' existence, with the best metal guitarist to date! But I knew that 13 years ago. Cool that you're working out. I signed Vin up at the Y..he's there right now. The kid put on 25 lbs of muscle and getting ripped like crazy..he's 165 and benching 205. I was throwin' up 265 in 9th grade. He's gettin' there.

Vass, that was fuggin' enlightening and spot on!! I call my dad everyday and always run shit by him for advice. In fact, I had a little diciplany issue with Vinny and my wife cockblocked an ass whoopin'. Well, not a "beating"..I don't do that. But he definitely required an attention getter because he crossed the line..and he knew he fucked up and literally hid behind momma. At this time my dad called and wanted to know WTF was goin' on..so I told him. Vin wanted to talk to my dad, and get some sympathy. Well after he told him what happened ..Grampa said "I kicked your father's ass for far less than that...Vinny, I'm on you're father's side this time".

In the end..I just took his cellphone and shit. He's fuggin' up in school acting like a clown and shit. ..I have no idea where he got this from..

I wouldn't be talking on this forum now if I didn't have my dad's boot up my ass..these are facts!

I belive that kids NEED that Father/Mother balance..sure there is exceptions.. But nothing can replace a well deserved boot up ther ass from your father..and a mother to kiss the boo boo. That's what's wrong with many kids..they don't have "parents" anymore..

Comment

Working...
                                X