Took my Beagle for her last visit to the vet today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my Beagle for her last visit to the vet today

Took my Beagle in for that final shot today. She had a huge cancerous tumor on her belly and had become incontinent and was having respiratory issues. I think she was ready, she normally tries to jump off the table and hide but today she just sat and waited for the vet to come in. She went to sleep peacefully while I held her and sobbed like a baby. I'll miss her.

Rest in Peace Blair.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Jack, I'm so sorry to hear that. That has to be one of the hardest things to do but Blair is in a better place and no longer in pain. It will take some time for th epain to ease.I know exactly how you feel, we lost our black lab, Gucci last may of a sudden heart attack where she died on the family room floor right in front of us. I cried everyday like a school girl for a week or two. I still can't believe its been almost a year, I still think of here everyday. It will eventually get better for you but it will be a tough week or so.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

My condolences. Better to go out peacefully than suffer in pain. We made the wrong decision with one dog - cancer, surgery - and never made it again with dogs that followed. Best thing is to give them the best life they can have when they can have it and love em while they're around.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks guys. We took Blair in as a rescue 4 years ago after my beloved Beagle Roxie passed away. She was a good dog and I like to think I gave her a good home for the short time I had her. She brought me happiness and comforted me when my wife passed away in 2007. I know she's in a better place.

"Beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away
        from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms, remembering sunny days and hours upon hours of play and
        companionship, and allow skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest,
        and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands." ~Unknown
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

RIP Blair. So sorry for your loss Jack.

Comment

Aw, man I think I remember when you got that doggie!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thoughts and prayers go out to you, Jack. One of the hardest things to do is put a beloved pet down.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Jack. You did the right thing by her and gave her the best years of her life.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My condolences, Jack. I dread the day that my beagle George goes.
                  Scott

Comment

I'm sorry Jack.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

My condolences as well.. I still get sad when thinking about the day 15 years ago our dog was put to sleep. He too was ill. I grew up with him.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. I've been through this once and dread the day I have to go through it again with my current dog.

Comment

Very sad to hear that. RIP Blair!
                          Sam

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. I still get choked up thinking about my last 2 dogs.
                            I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Sorry to hear, Jack. Had to put the family dog down a few years ago, too.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X