No announcement yet.

Took my Beagle for her last visit to the vet today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear it,Jack.You gave her a good life and you should feel proud about that.........................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

My condolences. Always remember you gave your pet the most precious gift of all,... a life filled with love and affection.

Comment

I'm very sorry John. I know how you feel when I put Pico down, and I was with my mom when she put down their Bulldog (Archie). Archie actually bit the vet while she was shave his front leg for the shot..Not a bad bite..just a nip. That was his last "Fuck You"..He had ball and ass cancer..His balls were swollen like two oranges. Remember Balzack in the movie Van Wilder..way bigger than that!

My mom absolutely fell apart and that made me cry.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          My mom absolutely fell apart and that made me cry.
          It killed me to see my mom cry, especially after my father got killed in a car accident. She was never the same. Now she is with him too.

Jack, I am sorry for your loss. Our pets mean so much to us.
          I am dredding the day when I have to take my cat to the vet for that shot. He is at least 19 yo right now, (I adopted him in May of '92 as a full grown stray) and he has lost major weight over the last year or so and his hips are getting shakey. Part of me hopes he could pass peacefully in his sleep, but part of me wants to be holding him and petting him so he feels some love as he goes. I gotta go now....
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've been down that road twice myself, once with the family cat when I was in high school (I called the vet because my mom just couldn't bring herself to do it, but the cat died at home) and again with my own adopted strat cat a few years ago. I held him through the whole thing, but went out to sit in the car to cry like a baby while my wife took care of paying the vet.

Now we have three cats, so it's bound to happen again, but that's just how it is with pets. You give them the best life you can, while you can. Mojo sent.
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Jack. Did the same thing with our dachshund 4 years ago, and it was harder on me than any other member of my family.

I made a post in this forum just like you did, and it really helped me get through it.

You did the right thing. Blair can rest easily now.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Sorry to hear of this.

Comment

Sorry to hear it bro. I lost 2 pets in one week earlier this year. We consider our pets our kids and losing one is like losing a family member. But, Blair is in a better place now not having to suffer the effects of cancer. RIP

Comment

Working...
                  X