My own personal promise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own personal promise.

Those of you from around the Raleigh NC area that know me probably already know about this, but I thought I'd share it anyway since it's something close to my heart.
    Last April, daughter and her husband were blessed with their third child after some complications that arose after child birth, the baby was diagnosed with Total Colonic Hirshsprungs disease. I won't go into all the details of what that is except to say that it basically means that the cells that operate his intestines are dead rendering his entire colon system inoperable. He is kept alive by an intravenous solution of calories and nutrients called TPN but continuous feedings of that will likely cause liver failure down the road so, eventually, he will have to have a small colon transplant.

Anyway, now that you know the back story, I just wanted to say that I have never seen such an outpouring of people wanting to help with fund raising efforts over the past few months. It really does renew my faith in fellow man at a time when faith has been all we've had to get us by. Last month, little Tommy was officially put on the list to receive his transplant so we're well on our way to (hopefully) seeing this thing through, but with his mother being a stay at home mom and dad being a working musician, times are tight enough as it is. Some friends of Ryan's (daddy) parents found out about their plight and put together a benefit concert to be held on Mothers day in the Wilmington NC area, who knew it was going to turn into the 2 day festival event that it has? I am overwhelmed! Naturally, my band, Total Strangers volunteered to be on the bill and it seems that Sunday alone is going to be THE place to be for the area with acts like 80s local legends Nantucket, Jimmie VanZant, Local artists Medusa Stone, G.W. Pierce and Ryan's Skynyrd Tribute band Tuesdays Gone sharing a HUGE stage provided by a regional production company, not to mention the Bailout Boogie Band poker run and other events slated for Saturday

So if you're in the NC area, and would like to come see a hell of a show with all the proceeds going to help this little fellow out with a 10 dollar donation to get in the gate, here is the link to the facebook event page.

For other information on Tommy, we've had help from an organization that specializes in helping families raise funds for children in need of transplants. They've set up a website for us of which I am in process of getting put together, it'll have information on donations, blogs from the parents, pictures and an upcoming events calender. Here's the link for that:

If you've read this far, I want to thank you for your attention, I mainly needed to just vent and brag on how much I have come to appreciate my fellow man these days.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

that is fukkin' awesome, there are still many amazing people that act everyday, I hope little Tommy
    gets all the help in the world.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

My thoughts are with you & yours.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
        that is fukkin' awesome, there are still many amazing people that act everyday, I hope little Tommy
        gets all the help in the world.
        what Big Tommy said! Great story, not in poor Little Tommy's affliction but in the way strangers are rallying to his cause.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          what Big Tommy said! Great story, not in poor Little Tommy's affliction but in the way strangers are rallying to his cause.
          It's been/will be a long road. The whole family has had to make sacrifices to keep this going. Shoot, I even had to let my platinum membership here expire because we're all just going from day to day now. So seeing all these people just jump on it and put together an event like this out of nowhere, they've even pitched in and ordered 1000 Tshirts for it. TV and Radio in the Wilmington area is all over it. I'm floored..

Comment

That's awesome. Sorry your family has to go through this, but glad to see people coming together for ya!!

Comment

It's awesome! Another band just signed on for day one of the the event so there will be music on both days. I wish I could be there for the first day, but my other band has a gig Saturday night so I won't be able to go until Sunday.

Comment

Cool happenings! Prayers and good vibes to you and yours.
                "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Just wanted to give anybody interested a quick update, the fundraiser was a HUGE success. We managed to raise $11k for the little guy. Of course, the organizer had the bright idea of ordering 1000 Tshirts for the event so after paying for what was left of those, I think there was about 5k left. GRRRR! Oh well, that's 5 grand that he didn't have before and will send the family well on their way towards their $30,000.00 goal, and we'll be selling those shirts during the summer at other events to help make it up. Fortunately, they didn't put a date or venue on it, just has a pic of the kiddo on the front and the bands that participated on the back.

Comment

Working...
                  X