X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the military/gun guys...

New long sniper kill being claimed...

http://www.gizmag.com/worlds-longest...l-247km/14992/

These will be smashed when magnetic accelleration guns start making their appearances.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

1 1/2 miles! That's longer than the distance from my house to my office!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The longest shot I've ever taken was 800 yards, profile, at night, with an M24. Went into his right lung and stopped in his heart.

If this is in fact true, I give the shooter kudos.

Comment

Sad thing is if this was made public news in the UK, the spineless pricks that run the media would portray Cpl. Harrison as the bad guy...

Comment

I saw a Military Channel show recently on the history of sniping. They discussed several notable shots,among them a Carlos Hathcock shot where he put a round thru his target's scope without touching the sides of the tube at over 300 yards,and another American that killed 3 Taliban WITH THE SAME ROUND from a mile AND had to punch thru a concrete wall with his .50 Barrett SASR using the Raufoss armor-defeating round. That guy stayed on that Barrett for 12 hours straight to get his guys out of a jam,and won the Bronze Star.

The last guy they interviewed was a Canadian that used a McMillian .50 and drilled a guy from over a mile and a half,but missed twice before that. That shot broke Carlos' world record by 153 yards,done with a Browning M2 with a single round in it,fitted with a scope. That one is still the world-record HEADSHOT. The Canadian said at one point he ran out of his own ammo,but was given good ole' American .50 BMG to use,and said it made a HUGE difference. He was also engaging guys from up on a mountain at almost 10k feet of elevation.

I could barely hit a golf ball at 300. If that guy truly hit 3 out of 3 from that distance,I bet lookin' in the mirror excites his old lady....Tommy D.[B][/
          B]
          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

I read One Shot One Kill which is about Hathcock. It details most of his exploits in Vietnam including using a Browning M2 witha a scope on it for some pretty long range stuff. Good read if you are into that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
              I read One Shot One Kill which is about Hathcock. It details most of his exploits in Vietnam including using a Browning M2 witha a scope on it for some pretty long range stuff. Good read if you are into that sort of thing.
              +1

A good read.

Comment

Working...
              X