Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ducati breaks 17 YEAR harley winning streak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducati breaks 17 YEAR harley winning streak...

With a production engine from their hypermotard.

Harley Davidson has been dominating flat track racing in America basically since it began. On the faster one mile tracks it is 17 years since any other manufacturer has won a race. So it was an enormous surprise to see the Ducati Hypermotard 1100EVO powered flat-tracker take the marque's first ever…
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

My paint and body teacher in high school was big into flat track racing. Like the reader that posted the comments about Harley lobbying the AMA he would often complain about them doing that. His point was that racing Harley's is expensive and they were pushing the more affordable manufacturers out. Still aside from some moderate success in the NHRA pro-stock bike division flat track is the only arena HD has had success.

Comment

Yeah, it's kind of a good ol' boy sport and Harley has owned it by default. It's nice to see another manufacturer willing to take a crack at it just to mix things up a bit. Lets face it, the sport hasn't seen mch advancement since the 1970's. I wouldn't be shocked to see them push back with "pushrod valves only" position to elimate any non-dark ages manufacturer.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Go desmo!!!

Comment

Ironic, Ducati being the european version of harley in the reliability dept.
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

yaay for ducati!!!

and yeah.. but, if they'd invest more time into actually BUILDING them properly, they'd be
            A: more expencive (KTM money), and
            B: What would you be doing during the time when you're trying to fix it at the side of the road? .. what? riding? .. you elitist! lol

still, i'd kill to get my hands on the new 796 Monster ... uhhhh... love that bike!
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Nightbat,

Not sure if you own a Ducati or are going off of second-hand intel, but I have never had a single issue with my 749. Yeah the valve alignments are a PITA, but it's not a deal breaker and it's one of the trade offs for the desmodromic valves.

Comment

Yeah, I have a couple friends that have owned multiple Ducatis and they've never had serious issues with them, but both of them are the types that are sticklers for periodic maintenance.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                X