Just got home from the vet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got home from the vet...

My cat went out this morning...now mind you..he doesn't go far..I live upstairs in a hotel. He does not roam far from our door.

I was asleep when he went out (James let him out) we were both crashed out when he came back in. He (Stumpy my cat) gets in a chair and goes to sleep. After we are up for a bit..he comes limping into the kitchen. As in, can't put any pressure on his foot.

Took him to the vet..foot is broken!!

They cannot do anything for it..no cast etc..just gave us a few days of pain meds. Someone had to have done this. Even if it was an accident, someone had to know about it. Poor feller....it just hurts me to see him hurt. he's like my kid.

Sorry Jeri, I'm also an animal lover and know how painful it can be to feel helpless in a situation ... Good thoughts going out to you and James and the kitty
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Jeri! How long does something like that take to heal? Did the vet say? Well, give the poor l'il guy some extra lovin'!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. If it helps you could consider the possibilty that your cat's own poor judgement may have caused this injury--anything else and I'd be pretty angry about it. They take a lot of risks. Good luck and I hope your cat makes a full recovery.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about that Jeri. Hopefully the pain meds will help Stumpy. Sadly, there are some sick people out there who derive pleasure from hurting poor defenseless animals. I'll never understand the mentality myself. Both my cats spend a lot of time outside, and I always worry about them, but I don't think it would be fair to keep them inside. They are both pretty old (14 and 17), so I guess they've done pretty well so far. Fortunately, they mostly stay in our back yard when they are out.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
            Sorry to hear about this. If it helps you could consider the possibilty that your cat's own poor judgement may have caused this injury--anything else and I'd be pretty angry about it. They take a lot of risks. Good luck and I hope your cat makes a full recovery.
            Blaming the victim?

I know you said possibility....
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I hope for a fast recovery. I have four cats right now. Sammy, Cloudy, Chicken Bone and Old Cat. Old Cat showed up on the front porch New Years day 2009 starving to death. I brought her in and nursed her back to health. We found out later that her owner was an elderly lady down the street that passed away.
              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
              X