Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Ronnie.

Comment

Sad. Just found out. Strange that last night I was playing a bunch of Dio.

My very first concert was Last in Line at the forum in LA. Last time I saw him was with Maiden and Motorhead in Columbus, OH, 2003 I think.

Comment

RIP Dio. What a voice. Pretty much defined "metal singer" to me.
        Scott

Comment

Very sad news. Seemed like he might've been getting well again. He just went through hell with the stomach cancer, I trust he's in heaven now. Horns up for him, RIP Ronnie.

Comment

RIP Ronnie James......one of the very best metal vocalists ever. I was lucky enough to see him live a couple times back when Vivian Campbell was with them.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

RIP Dio

Small man, giant voice

...and who's wondering how many pages Lars Ulrich's eulogy will be this time?
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Very very sad day indeed. I was fortunate enough to catch him a couple of times in recent years, both solo and w/ Heaven and Hell. To say he had an incredible voice would be a huge understatement. So much power, so much passion. Incredible songs....

Rockin out to Rainbow's "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" as I type this at work.... RIP RJD...

-K

Comment

Every summer in the town i live, they assemble something like a small circus tent and organise concerts in it. Pretty cool thing.
                  Around 2005 they managed to make DIO give a concert there. Amazing concert. Of course totally packed with people but still a pretty "private atmosphere" there. Maybe 100-200 people.
                  I always wondered where a small man like him could hide this huge voice.

RIP RJD

Flo
                  http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I auditioned for Dio in 88 and spent a whole afternoon with Ronnie and the band. He was one of the friendliest, most genuine people I've ever met and he left a huge impact on me. Though I didn't get the gig I'll never forget that day. What an incredible talent!
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

A little man with a big voice.
                      So much emotion in his vocals.
                      His loss will have a long ripple effect in and throughout metal.
                      Vocally, he had a rare distinct voice and will be missed.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

RIP Ronnie James Dio - your music and memories will never be forgotten.

Comment

saw him with sabbath... used to go to midnight movies when they had "black and blue" everytime it came around + his work with richie blackmoor is awsome stuff!

RIP
                          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

One of the first metal icons I ever saw back on the Last in Line tour. And that was after he already had an incredible catalog of music.

Just a great frontman with a super-sized voice....... RIP Ronnie.....keep flashing the devil horns.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

RIP RJD
                              The little man with the huge voice. One of those voices that you recognized after the first word. He will be missed.

That fucking disease, lost so many family members and friends to it.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

This is a shock; like many I expected him to beat the cancer...
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X