RIP Ronnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    This is a shock; like many I expected him to beat the cancer...
    My friend nobody ever beats cancer, even in remission it stalks you. You worry, you wonder, you suffer deep inside.
    One day, out of nowhere, when you least expect it, it shows up meaner and stronger. That is when you must make peace with your maker.

Experienced and see it everyday at the hospital I work.
    Cruel and evil, it consumes you to an unrecognizable shell all the while making you feel pain most people cannot comprehend.

Sorry for being so graphic, but seen it and people ought to know.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Not all cancer is the same. But what RJD had usually presents late and therefore a much worse outcome. I was reading some posted comments his wife made a couple months ago and was actually surprised by the positive comments that she made which made me think he'd go into remission. I know she was hoping for the best, but I certainly didn't expect him to pass this soon. Hell, he even accepted an award at some show in person less than a month ago.

He'll be missed.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
        My friend nobody ever beats cancer, even in remission it stalks you. You worry, you wonder, you suffer deep inside.
        One day, out of nowhere, when you least expect it, it shows up meaner and stronger. That is when you must make peace with your maker.

Cruel and evil, it consumes you to an unrecognizable shell all the while making you feel pain most people cannot comprehend.

Yes, indeed. Cancer is a mean, nasty, horrible disease. I lost my mom to breast cancer on January 29, 2004. I felt so helpless, I just wanted to reach in there and pull that shit out and kick it's fuckin' ass. Nothing I could do though, and my mom's gone.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

For Dio...

'08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
          '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
          '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
          '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
          '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '13 Gibson M-III
          Taylor 214CE
          Dean 6-string Bass
          Morgan Ukulele

Comment

This Sucks!!!,..Big Time!
            Ronnie was THE MAN!,...One of the Best voices in Metal!

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
              saw him with sabbath... used to go to midnight movies when they had "black and blue" everytime it came around + his work with richie blackmoor is awsome stuff!

RIP
              Me too man!,..Use to go to the midnight movies alot to check out the Black and Blue movie. Got a bootleg video of it that I've been watching lately.
              It's a sad sad day for metal!!
              LONG LIVE DIO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post

There was a commercial over here that 3 out of five people 'beat' cancer
                ...I've yet to meet one that didn't see it coming back with a vengeance
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                  For Dio...

Hey, bro. Was that you in the vid? If so that is awesome, really nice tribute and if you made the music too that is very tasteful. That's about the nicest tribute I've seen for a fallen rocker, great work!
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                    For Dio...

GREAT TRIBUTE!!!
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

• Thanks, guys. Yes, that is me singing and it's my arrangement. I really love that song and it's such a fitting farewell, I think.
                      '13 Gibson M-III
                      Taylor 214CE
                      Dean 6-string Bass
                      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        This is a shock; like many I expected him to beat the cancer...
                        Same here...really bummed

Comment

• I don't know guys, cancer plus the fact that the guy never stopped performing for the most part. tough combination there to beat.
                          had to be a mondo beating taken by his body across the board.
                          the guy really gave everything he had to playing music and sticking to his roots as well.
                          I'll say that I never went to over the top about Dio, but I do recognize how good he was, not
                          to mention the bands members he's surrounded himself with over the years. he's left a large catologue
                          of stuff for the fans to fall back on, very large.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Wow how sad- RIP

I just saw him in Seattle before the first of the year with Heaven and Hell. His voice was awesome, the same as when I saw him on the Holy Diver tour 20 some years ago. One of the great rock vocalists of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                              For Dio...

Fantastic classic singing voice you have there. And I appreciated the mournful arrangement. Fitting tribute my friend. Very well done.

Comment

• Thank you.
                                '13 Gibson M-III
                                Taylor 214CE
                                Dean 6-string Bass
                                Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Working...
                                X