Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your work horse guitar of choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool guitars guyz

Well latelly i've installed an ol' JBJ and replaced the screw in type bar with a collar type on this whitey '85 San Dimas and she's getting all of my attention,she goes where i go

My other fav great sounding and a killer player guitar is my old Sustainer

For gigs etc i kinda like this GunSlinger better though,its not beat up or something but it feels really good when i'm playin'live

Last edited by K.Dee; 06-01-2010, 01:42 AM.
    Addicted to that Rush..

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      For songs that are is straight D tuning I use my SL2H Interference Fireglo:
      Hey Rudy, what model of ESP is that in the stand behind you in the pic?

Comment

My 2001 Jackson KV2.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Depends what i'm doing. For live stuff with my main band it's either my Warrior or RR, and for rehersals it's usually my modded PS-4.
          For my other band it's usually my Schecter Omen, or ESP Explorer (lawsuit model but only an LTD, unfortunately).
          "Round the house" guitar is a modded MIM Strat

Comment

I seem to play my GMW Empire way more than my Charvel HRF... weird that its really just down to 2 players...out of 15 axes i own..

Heres a vid... watch it if you dare! LOL What has been seen, cannot be unseen!

Last edited by Robert Burns; 06-02-2010, 04:41 AM.

Comment

I think this has been a really cool thread getting to see and hear about everybody's player guitars. I'm surprised at home many aren't Jacksons or Charvels! HA HA! It's all good stuff though, keep 'em coming!

Comment

I have many guitars, but no real go-to guitar that's better than everything else. It all depends on what I feel like playing, what I'm in the mode for. It's always changing.

Comment

Over the last three years, these have been my two main workhorses. 1990 Soloist Pro, and more recently my 1985 Soloist J0456.

Additionally, this Heritage H-157 Black Beauty on the left has seen a lot of use on my last four albums.

Comment

That would have to be "Slimer".

Comment

At the moment the Mike Learn. Digging the big fat neck and sound. I have it tuned to D standard with 11's killer low end to it.
                      http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

As an Old drummer starting to learn the guitar i find myself picking this up come practice time.....

Last edited by THOMO; 06-03-2010, 08:01 AM.
                        Charvel CST 060 1992
                        Charvel CST 070 1992
                        Charvel CDS 090 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                        Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                        Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                        Duesenberg 49er 2012
                        Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                        Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                        History TH-LS Limited 2009
                        History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

it was a musikraft part mutt charvie replica, it played and sounded great tho it wasnt versatile since it was a 1 hum wonder. I gave it to my 8YO son who doesnt live w/me. now its my PROMOD SD1, still not completely sold on the JB but it does the job. my #2 is a BCRich eagle, that covers all my LP type needs.
                          as for my guitars ive got mostly old BCRichs and a few older SD era jacksons.

Comment

When I played live I used the first 3 from L to R.
                            The CS Dweezil was used most of the night. The Model 7 I preferred for country rock tunes and songs with clean parts. The Bulls is for drop-D only.
                            I've gotten addicted to maple fretboards in the last 7 years.

Comment

Nice Model 7
                              Charvel CST 060 1992
                              Charvel CST 070 1992
                              Charvel CDS 090 1993
                              Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                              Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                              Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                              Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                              Duesenberg 49er 2012
                              Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                              Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                              History TH-LS Limited 2009
                              History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

My "workhorse" is my $148 Aria Pro II SG knockoff that I put a Duncan Custom in the bridge, rightmost in this pic.

I don't gig much anymore as I have a 17 month old daughter, but I can bring it to jam sessions, open mic nights and such without worrying about it being ripped off.

Here are the rest of my guitars:

Last edited by QuantumRider; 06-04-2010, 10:10 PM.
                                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                                X