Replacing my lost mobile phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing my lost mobile phone

My contract won't be up for another 4 months. I had a Sony Ericcson C905 with 8.1 megapixel camera, a 512mb memory card, and the ability to play games and mp3's simultaneously. The 3 network just wanna sell me another contract whilst I'm still paying the current one, taking on a new operating system made by HTC (Android). I'm thinking of buying a cheap used PAYG phone with my replacement SIM card, and then upgrade for free or cease this contract and take on a new one. I'm just not sure which phone to get, just as I'm not sure what might be available if I wait. I think you can get most features I want on today's phones, I just don't like Nokia's bug-ridden or Samsung's operating systems.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Droid is f'n awesome, has some bugs like anything new but is f'n awesome. I have the Moto backflip w/ droid and my dad has The "Droid" from Moto as well. HTC phones are nice phones as well. Also, Droid is Googles OS and is Linux derived.
    Last edited by Twitch; 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I was offered a Sony Ericcson Satio, a W955 or a Samsung Galaxy. I'm gonna put these to the test tommorow.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

gO ANDRIOD.....
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          I'm just not sure which phone to get, just as I'm not sure what might be available if I wait. I think you can get most features I want on today's phones, I just don't like Nokia's bug-ridden or Samsung's operating systems.
          Come on now sweetie-pie, it's not like you have loads of contacts in your phone book, surely you can just get 2 yoghurt pots and connect them with a piece of string, one in your bedroom/studio/sex den and the other in Mummy's lounge. She then doesn't need to come up the stairs when you are noisily "banging away" upstairs, she can just call you on the Butt-phone.

Don't worry, I'll arrange for some nice gentlemen who purport to be called John and who claim to be in Leeds to call you incessantly about making a switchover. Call me cynical, but they sound more like "Rajpindar from Bombay" rather than "John from Leeds", but there you go, they assure me they are most definitely not thank you very much please calling from an Indian call-centre, and who am I to question?
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Your stupid ghey jokes are just boring now, Rsrimmer.

I shortlisted to just a Sony Ericsson Vivaz or Xperia X10. The screenlock button on the Vivaz doubles as the power on/off. WTF would anyone design such a stupid double-function button? The 3.5mm headphone jack is on the side. The X10 is much better overall, except for it's battery life. The phone needs charging every 15 hours without much usage. I'll just bring my charger to work.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

The screenlock button on the Xperia doubles as the power on/off too. What's the issue? Press it to lock the screen, hold it to turn your phone on or off.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

When I tested the X10 yesterday, I just moved my finger on the screen showing a curved arrow, and it unlocked the screen. I didn't press any power/lock button.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

that's to unlock. Although if the screen has gone to sleep, you need to press the "home" key and then swipe the screen. To lock it, you press the power button. It will lock itself after a short time but if I've just used it and want to pop it straight into my pocket, I like to lock it first.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I wound up buying a used C905 on ebay for £92. Originally on T-Mobile, but already unlocked to all networks by the seller. I got:
                    The phone
                    Battery
                    2 chargers!
                    2 USB cables!
                    3 SIM cards!
                    2 pairs of headphones!
                    8GB memory card!

Bargain

A used Vivaz goes for around £180 used from a shop, or £200+ on ebay. I'll wait til my contract expires, then get a Vivaz for free on a new or renewed contract.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

iPhone 4 is a nice improvment over the 3GS IMHO. I don't have ATT issues herein Dallas.

How long do you have before you can upgrade? Get a cheapy until you can upgrade. HTC EVo is pretty cool plus they have a few more new models to realease. Verizon will have the iPhone in January
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I smash, lose, about 3 to 4 phones a year. Sony Ericsson, Samsaung are good. HTC shit, touch phone battery wouldn't last 5 hours.
                        Charvel CST 060 1992
                        Charvel CST 070 1992
                        Charvel CDS 090 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                        Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                        Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                        Duesenberg 49er 2012
                        Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                        Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                        History TH-LS Limited 2009
                        History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Which is why I opted out of the Sony Ericsson Xperia. It lasts 15 hours without use. Shawn - That's what I did - got a SE W205 for £57 inc 2GB card and £20 talktime PAYG. Contract expires September. On the other hand, I might get lucky on ebay and get a Vivaz cheaply.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

the first few days, my Xperia would last less than a day on a charge. Frustrating. But I installed a couple of free apps from the Android Market that kill any of those battery-sucking applications running in the background everytime the phone goes to sleep. Now it lasts a couple of days between charges, depending on how heavily I use it.

Now I'm just waiting for my provider to release the firmware upgrade (any day now) and it will be even better again.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

A quick update (from my Xperia). Charged it to 50% before bed last night & now 19 hours later it's sitting on 29%. That's with catching up on the sports news online this morning, taking a couple of calls, making a couple, surfing the JCF. Not too bad
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X