I flippin' hate moving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I flippin' hate moving!

I've moved a half dozen times in my life and the more I do it, the less I like it. Where I move to is irrelevant. It's the process itself that I dislike. It doesn't help that the older I get the more stuff I have to move.

This time around we only moved about 5 miles and since I bought the house from a co-worker, we were able to start moving in a few weeks before we closed.

This is the first time we've used movers but we moved the majority of our possessions ourselves. All that's left for the movers is a queen sized mattress, box spring, a pair of medium sized computer desks, a filing cabinet, a hope chest, a 53" projection TV. a dresser and a chest. Their services should only cost about $300 which I am more than happy to pay.

I also hate being in a transient state but that's been very short for this move so all in all, it's gone pretty well.

At least we have a better house so there's no doubt it was worth. I'm just bitchin' because I'm old and sore.

A steak and a beej will make it all better. Get on it!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm with you, I hate it too. All the shit that has to be taken care of...

Comment

In the Army I moved every 2 years. Before that I moved from place to place from about 1987 until 1994 every10 months to 18 months. I HATE moving now. I'd rather just leave everything in the old place and buy new shit when I get there.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I've moved twice in the past 4 months across three states. ARRRRRRGGHHHHH!!!!! I'll be sorting out mail/address/insurance/DMV/tax/email issues for months to come.

Comment

Can you imagine what moving is like for that guy that has 3 rooms full of Charvels?? Incedentally, Ill be moving to the other side of town here in a couple weeks and not looking forward to the process either.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I hate moving too. I moved a from about 1995 until now about 17 times.

Often, it sucked. The only thing that was a positive about it was that I wasn't moving an entire household about 6 of those moves. It isn't a thing that is enjoyable that's for sure.
              My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

I don't like moving either. Taxes my time, money and strength. Something always gets lost, damaged or stolen. I don't trust removal companies. I move everything myself, whenever I do need to move. I've moved 3 times without help in just 2 years. Prior to leaving the forces, the family would get resettled every 3-4 years.
                Last edited by wilkinsi; 06-06-2010, 06:45 PM.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I had a PU for 5 years and everytime someone needed to move you know who they called. I have only moved myself 5 times however I have probably moved my friends twice as many times. To you point though I hate it as well.

Comment

Moving stinks, but it does help to sort out the stuff you haven't used in a while. Yard sale time.
                    Scott

Comment

+1 Hate moving.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                        I'd rather just leave everything in the old place and buy new shit when I get there.
                        There's the solution!

(I've been in this house for 14 years! )
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X