Greetings from Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Egypt

Some time ago I was contemplating moving to Egypt since my steady GF got a job there, but in the end I was not able to find a job in my field and didn't have the luxury to simply not work for 9 months. So after 6 months apart I've flown to Cairo, Egypt to visit with her and tour the region.

There is a lot of cool shit here... of course I have a mandatory pic at the pyramids. It was 100+ degrees and super smoggy and dusty. Apparently there was a bad sand storm that day which accounts for the hazy background.

thats a great pic man, Jackson shirt in front of the pyramids. I'd love to vist those myself...
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I wouldn't go there, too many dipshit Estonian tourists, shove 'em a hookah up their ass from me
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Awesome! I'd love to go there but I think I wouldn't feel safe. Kind of close to the ticking time bomb that is the Middle East.

That reminds me, I saw a commercial last night from the Korean tourism board. Not exactly a good time to be visiting there either!
        Scott

Comment

Very cool pic. Say hello to the pharaos for us.

Comment

Only one thing comes to mind when I see that pic...

"Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave
            I don't wanna die, I'm a God, why can't I live on?
            When the Life-giver dies, all around is laid waste
            And in my last hour, I'm a slave to the power of death!"

Comment

that is fukkin' great, nice pic, stay safe.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Awesome! I'd love to go there but I think I wouldn't feel safe.
                yep, it's horrible, it's a 50/50 change that you'll either die from hookah smoke or go insane because of the bazillion tourists and local screaming merchandisers
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Great picture !! I would like to go their, but they would keep me because I look middle eastern

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    yep, it's horrible, it's a 50/50 change that you'll either die from hookah smoke or go insane because of the bazillion tourists and local screaming merchandisers
                    and just how do you know that dying from hookah smoke is not fun? i'll try anything once, especially the chance to die pleasurably.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Dude look at you!!! That is so cool. Enjoy yourself over there and come back safe.
                      Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

awesome, man! Have a great time. How long are you there?
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

That is one on my "bucket list".. Enjoy and stay safe !
                          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Cool pics man, hope you're having fun and staying safe. They remind of this video

Comment

Thanks guys, The trip so far has been amazing! I've been here for almost two weeks and am flying back tomorrow. I was I Cairo for 5 days, then flew to Aswan for cruise up the Nile and visited many temples. Then back to Cairo for another trip to the Sinai Peninsula for 3 days of beer drinking and lounging around the beach. Honestly the only time I have felt unsafe is in a taxi car in Cairo. People here drive like maniacs, too much to even go into detail about. Otherwise no qualms. You just really need to know someone from here to guide you and talk to the people for you. Most street transactions are through barter as items rarely have a stickered price.

I would have liked to have my Jackson at the Pyramids for a Slayeresque pic from Seasons but the best I could do was the t-shirt I brought my Sepultura t-shirt as well but someone didn't like the idea of me wearing the shirt out.

Comment

Working...
                              X