NCD - New Car Day!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCD - New Car Day!!!

Yay!!! My first new car in 11 years. I figure I've saved enough of the environment with my Honda Civic after 11 years. Now time to stomp some dandelions and club some baby seals!

Anyway - my hunt for this vehicle has dominated the last three weeks of my life and I've barely touched the guitar.

Notice - white. So it matches:

Next up - I drive it out to Colorado so Mike Learn can work his magic and match it up to:

-------------------------
    Blank yo!

So, how much off-roading do you do in NYC, dude?

Comment

It's all off-road! On the side-walks, over the pedestrians, through the plains of pedal-cabs! 4-Low is especially good for beatnik crawling...
      Blank yo!

Comment

:ROTF:

Good times, good times.

Comment

The pedestrians walk on the road in NYC anyway, don't they... They're basically asking for it.

And congrats on the new car. My last new car was a Toyota Aygo for the wife. Not very exciting. But at least it meant that I got my Avensis back.

Comment

Does the gas pedal stick wide open like a normal TOYOTA???
            Charvel CST 060 1992
            Charvel CST 070 1992
            Charvel CDS 090 1993
            Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
            Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
            Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
            Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
            Duesenberg 49er 2012
            Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
            Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
            History TH-LS Limited 2009
            History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

LOL!

Nice. Is it a NewNew car or a NewUsed car?

I'm out of the loop on this model and don't know if it's a new or old one.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                The pedestrians walk on the road in NYC anyway, don't they... They're basically asking for it.

And congrats on the new car. My last new car was a Toyota Aygo for the wife. Not very exciting. But at least it meant that I got my Avensis back.
                Especially the tourists from the EU! Oh you guys and your funny non-US car name - Aygo and Avensis! Good stuff!

Originally posted by THOMO View Post
                Does the gas pedal stick wide open like a normal TOYOTA???
                Only when my foot's stomping on it!

No - these were not part of the recall. Also, as the kids would say, this one's MIJ so its better than the domestic built stuff!

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                LOL!

Nice. Is it a NewNew car or a NewUsed car?

I'm out of the loop on this model and don't know if it's a new or old one.
                New - new! 30 miles on the Odo when I took it. The FJ Cruiser's been out since 2006. This is the 2010 model.
                Blank yo!

Comment

Congrats, nice one! I was looking at these on Saturday. We got a new Sienna on Saturday since some douche ran into the back of my wife totaling her Sienna. He was on the cell phone!

Comment

Congrats on the car. I think those are incredibly ugly, but whatever
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Also, as the kids would say, this one's MIJ so its better than the domestic built stuff!
                      Lol, congrats on the new car.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        Especially the tourists from the EU! Oh you guys and your funny non-US car name - Aygo and Avensis! Good stuff!
                        Haha, yeah. You're right, cars are supposed to have names like Mustang, Challenger, and Canyonero..?

Comment

She's a squirril crushing deer-smacking driving machine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QgWRycd7I
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Nice! Glad to see another FJ owner in NYC! Mine's black with a white top and got it in june 2006. Can't believe it's already 4 yrs old. I'd imagine they got more options over the past 4 yrs. Did u get the parking assist thingy w it?
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                              Did u get the parking assist thingy w it?
                              Yeah - parking assist and rear-view camera. The parking assist is cool - but it goes all Defcon 5 when you still have a good foot and a half behind you, so the camera kind of makes up for that since you can see how much room you've got left. The camera viewer is integrated into the rearview mirror and comes on where you're in reverse.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X