• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a Yearling Owl Sound Like?

I think we have one.
    Sounds like a squeaky wheel bearing!

OK, maybe two.

We have noticed a large horned owl in our woods for years.
    Likes to "go off" at 9 AM.
    (Nut)

Pix may follow.
    Drove the pup nuts and we started hunting for the sound.
    There one was, just squeeking at us from the tree.
    I have seen a lot of wildlife, but never have seen this before.

Not an owl....it's the Blair witch ...she's come back!!!
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Good stuff.

Got a pic, have to upload it.
      I think they are horned owls, like this:
      (Not my pic).

Click image for larger version

Name:	bubovirg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	2444921

Comment

Try this one..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I bet it's a Screech Owl. They have a similar head shape to the Great Horned Owl, but they're smaller and make that screech rather than the deep "Whoohoohoo" sound:

The Eastern Screech Owl is a small, nocturnal woodland Owl with short ear-tufts and yellow eyes. There is a greyish-brown, red and grey morph, with intermediates also occuring...

this page has sounds for different species:

Last edited by dg; 07-03-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

try this one- "what the fukk is that!!!???"

clip of My Cousin Vinny in the woods "What the fuck is that"i like his "badass" walk back in the cabin :)
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

LOL at Tommy.

Mamma says "Who-who-who".

Comment

I heard an owl last year in Portugal that was soooooo stereotypical that I actually thought someone was taking the piss out of me, especially as some daft cunt had approached my camp spot earlier in the night and tripped over one of the "washing lines" (OK, very low washing lines, like a foot off the ground) I like to tie round my hammock to give me plenty of warning of any night visitors. They then ran away, miserable bastard, didn't even stop for a cup of tea!

This fucking owl would not piss off and leave me to get to sleep in peace, and its call was so perfect I decided I was being fucked with so leapt out of the hammock, bollock naked, piss-proud, into my combat boots, big fuck-off knife in hand, flashlight (NOT Fleshlight, thank you very much) between teeth, shouting and swearing in the moonlight like a slightly sozzled British mentalist. I tell you, that fucking owl laughed when I realised it really was an owl, not the sound of some attacking dago pikeys signalling each other, and continued to mock me as I tripped over my laces and scurried back to my hammock, complete with rapidly deflating penis. To make matters worse, me crashing around the woods like a loon had set off somebody's fucking dog, which proceeded to bark ALL night till 8.5am precisely, when the sun peeped over the horizon.
                Take my advice, leave owls alone, there's a reason they are considered wise!

Also, BTW, when you hear tawny owls going "twit-twoo", it's actually a pair. The male does the twit, the female replies with the twoo.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2463452433524564.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	2444923

Comment

Working...
                  X