Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rough few days for James and I..(health related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough few days for James and I..(health related)

Wednesday morning, James (my husband and the love of my life) wakes me up..he's in the floor, can't breathe and his chest hurts!!

Call 911..get him to the hospital, long story short..., they got him stable, doing ok. Kept him, Thursday did the ultrasound, Friday did the angiogram,found an artery in his heart..90% blocked. Fixed it on the spot..put a stent in his heart, and today I got to bring him home.

First though, they tried to go in through his groin for the angiogram, no dice, the aorta is 100% blocked right below his kidneys (but his body has adapted and his legs get blood from veins branched off it going around the bad spot)..so they had to go through his arm to get to his heart.

So for the next few days I have 2 arteries to keep an eye on to make sure they close/heal properly.

Anyhow..it scared the shit out of me. I've never loved anyone so much in my life. I'm relieved now that he's home..and just needed to share..

Thanks

wow, thath's heavy..!
    I once had my dad in the hospital with some blocked blood vessels.. not as bad as this, but still it scared the shit out of me 2

Im happy he's okey now for so far, and good luck with it!! I wish you both the best!

Comment

Best of luck to you both.. Just had a guy at work go through the same thing (with the exception of the clogged aorta and he had to have 3 stents) about 3 months ago, and he just returned to work.. Has had to undergo many life changes in the last 2 months, but this time it is doc's orders and not his coworkers giving him shit...
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for you both, I've been there 3 times now. Did he have the MI, or was it angina? No, nitro headaches are nothing like a migraine, they're easier. Anywho, the cardiologist may recommend cardiac rehab, it's a good program, and it really does help healthwise. Well wishes to you and yours.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Sending positive vibes!
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

damn Jeri. sorry to hear that, it was a good thing you were home to call for assistence.

My prayers go out for James' speedy revcovery and for you as it has to be hard to seeing those who you love is a serious situation like that...
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Wow, scary stuff for sure! God bless you two, Jeri and James.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Jeri, but I am so glad James is doing better now. Thoughts, love and prayers coming y'all's way, and of course mojo sent!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

God Bless you, James & Jeri!

Let him know he is in our thoughts here on the JCF.

I was thinking about you guys recently...bad weather last month in OKC?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

that's some scary shit, Jeri. Glad to hear James is doing better. Please know I'm thinking of you both. Here's hope that after the surgery & rehab, he's stronger than ever
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm so sorry Jeri, here's too you and James.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                      X