Had a motorcycle accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a motorcycle accident

The short and skinny: I was ran off the road by an unattentive oncoming driver who crossed into my lane mid-turn. She did not stop to help, either.

My ankle is broken, but that's the only injury I sustained. I'm so grateful I was wearing all of my gear. Also, my Ducati shouldn't be totaled, so depending on how much I'm quoted I might have it repaired before the start of winter.

Pics to follow once I go to the shop and check out the damage to my bike.

Sorry to hear that. I had a major wreck on my Honda in the late 90's that I never fully recovered from.

Comment

My best friend was killed on his bike by an un-attentive driver. Youre lucky all you have is a broken ankle. Speedy recovery to you though.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Sucks to hear DRM

Too bad you and the bike will be out of commision for the better riding days
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Glad to hear you're ok.
          One of the local Mid-South Riders guys was killed last week by a drunk coming out of a bowling alley.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that, man. I'm glad you are mostly okay though. So many drivers never notice bikes, I always look because my late brother was a biker. He died of natural causes, but he always rode as if there was a target painted on him. He was still lucky to never be involved in an accident caused by a car though.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Glad you emerged from your ordeal alive. I agree about gearing up. My dog doesn't even recognize me by the time I have everything on.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Glad to hear your ok, Being in a car is bad enough but on a bike there is not much protection

Comment

Just so you guys know...I'm not the kinda guy to just take a hit and sit down. I was joking while I was wrapping my foot up on the side of the road. And 3 hours later, I was back home teaching a family friend's son proper shooting techniques and firearms safety...here's some pics...

I'll be fine, bros. I'm mostly disappointed because I'm going to be stuck behind a desk for 9-12 months while I recover. That also means no more jumping for a loooong time.

Comment

Good luck with your recovery. Bikes are fun but just too risky. Everyone I know who has a bike has laid it down at some point.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the bike David, not to mention the professional setback. I hope you and the duck both have a quick recovery.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Glad you are ok, but wtf about the cunt who hit you? Did no-one get their details, any witnesses? Are you going to assault their house with your guns? (Tip - wait until you have the cast off, they might be alerted by you limping up the driveway)
                        It really really fucks me off when people who aren't paying attention do this to bikers, but when they don't stop it means that they are either driving illegally or in such a secluded little world of their own, they didn't even notice they'd done it. Either way, the sentence should be death. Fuckwits!
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Glad you're OK (alive that is) man.
                          Didn't your 'chute not open recently?
                          Stay home for a few dude! Might be safer, maybe?
                          Glad to hear your doing alright, speedy recovery to you, although 6 weeks is, well....
                          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Sucks about the ankle and bike. Glad it wasn't more serious. With everyone talking/texting/sexting/cooking/fishing/cleaning while driving, it's amazing anybody can get around without getting hit, much less on a motorcycle!
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                              Good luck with your recovery. Bikes are fun but just too risky. Everyone I know who has a bike has laid it down at some point.
                              Too risky?

My bike is as safe as the national bank

the idiot on top and the other morons in traffic are a completely different story though
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X