X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
    Glad you're OK (alive that is) man.
    Didn't your 'chute not open recently?
    Thank you. Yes, I had a malfunction with my main parachute on a jump last month. I think that I'm extremely lucky in my misfortune...I only sustain minor injuries in shit that kills most people. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
      Sucks to hear DRM

Too bad you and the bike will be out of commision for the better riding days
      I KNOW!!! I juuuuust got home...beautiful, clear weather...nice and warm...BAM. FML, bro.

Comment

Glad you're mostly ok. I used to ride too, I miss it. Get better quick!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          Too risky?

My bike is as safe as the national bank

the idiot on top and the other morons in traffic are a completely different story though

I agree completely. It's the other folks on the road that are the problem most of the time. There isn't much you can do about the person driving a car that isn't paying attention and doesn't see you on your bike.

Comment

Too much luxury and comfort in cars these days, take off the roof (or pop open the windows at 65) and people suddenly realise they're driving a vehicle
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Get well soon! This is the main reason I'm hesitant to get my motorcycle license. I've almost been hit in my car probably a hundred times. One comment on bikes: they are very easy to hide in blind spots. I almost hit one the other day on the highway because he was just sitting in my blindspot (and I have very small blindspots in my hatchback). Defensive driving is the only real solution. Assume they don't see you.

Reminds me of a story my dad told us about a guy he treated at the rehab clinic.

Plumber in NYC, making $200k+ a year gets into hard drugs (cocaine, heroin). One day after shooting up he realizes he needs to get to a union meeting for a vote. He hops on his bike and heads over. On the way, he's stopped at a red light when an SUV rear ends him at high speed. His bike is totaled, he's thrown 100 feet. SUV drives off. Another guy in a van stops to see if he's okay. The biker, who's bleeding and has some broken ribs, gets up, pulls the driver out of the van, and takes off after the SUV. He catches up to him in a few blocks and rams him. Gets out of the van, pulls the SUV driver out and starts beating the shit out of him. So much that the guy needed plastic surgery to reconstruct his face.

End result:
              -SUV driver charged with hit and run amongst other charges and sent to jail
              -Biker sentenced to rehab
              -Van driver didn't press charges, just wanted the biker to pay for the damages and the blood stains in the van.
              Scott

Comment

you're a studhorse DRM, glad to see you're not deterred from this, you have a good attitude.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                X