No announcement yet.

World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I didnt click the link. My bad. Haha stupid americans... And are you serious about holland?! Im dutch haha
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Are you guys still talking about the World Cup? That isn't for another 4 years! Or are we going to see a bunch of "Euro Cup" posts now?

-------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Are you guys still talking about the World Cup? That isn't for another 4 years! Or are we going to see a bunch of "Euro Cup" posts now?
        Yeah, it's the REAL cup where it gets decided which team is really the best in the world. Kind of like in your World Series

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
          Yeah, it's the REAL cup where it gets decided which team is really the best in the world. Kind of like in your World Series
          Except with more rolling around holding your leg after somebody brushes past you.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Except with more rolling around holding your leg after somebody brushes past you.
            And with less spitting, fondling of crotches, over-weight men in tight uniforms and obvious steroid use

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
              The Netherlands? Then where the hell is Holland? And who are the Dutch?!?!?
              holland is a part of the netherlands which somehow managed to be used as kind of a synonym for netherlands in spoken language.
              confusing when I think about it....

didn't you see the finale hellbat?
              you would have liked it if you think football is a wimpy game...
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Perhaps the widespread use of the name Holland is due to trade between England and what we now know as The Netherlands being via Holland, which is a coastal region? We refer to to it as Holland in Danish too - from what Micha is saying, I take it that this is also the case in German. Interestingly, the other big coastal region of The Netherlands, Friesland, used to extend way up into Germany and the southern parts of Denmark (or extend down, as we would say ), and was perhaps considered something different centuries ago?

Comment

Which is the place with the windmills?
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

wiki is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Moreover, the term Holland is frequently used to refer to the whole of the Netherlands. This usage is unofficial and while generally accepted..."

wow. thanks wiki. I feel much wiser now...
                      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                      X