Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maiden's new video: The Final Frontier

See it here: http://ironmaiden.com/

Not bad. Song is OK. Indiana Jones meets Alien epic space journey!

Enjoy
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Video?
    Stating the obvious, the video is marketed for a younger audience and it will achieve its intended objective. Many youth will enjoy the video. Gamers and etc...
    Song?
    Although the video distracted me from pay attention to much of the song..
    Still, from what I could tell it sounded pretty good.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

That was funny as hell!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

not a big fan of the video, but the song is pretty rockin'. i dig it.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That's not too bad. Glad to hear these guys are still making good music.

Comment

I of course love Maiden and am eager to get the new disc. Just saw them at MSG Monday night and they rocked it - and only played like 3 old songs - Wrathchild, Iron Maiden... shit maybe just 2 old songs - and they still rocked the house with 90's + tunes.
            Blank yo!

Comment

Just saw them in NYC. BS if you asked me. I am all for them doing new music, but to not play The Trooper, 2 Min., Aces High, Wasted Years or Run to the Hills. Please.

At least the ticket was cheap. If I had shelled out top dollar for good seats I would be really pissed.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Eddie looks more like the Jugulator!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Eddie looks more like the Jugulator!
                  Good observation!
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

I like the Predalien Eddie.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      I of course love Maiden and am eager to get the new disc. Just saw them at MSG Monday night and they rocked it - and only played like 3 old songs - Wrathchild, Iron Maiden... shit maybe just 2 old songs - and they still rocked the house with 90's + tunes.
                      No Hallowed Be Thy Name?!?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They played hallowed be thy name, iron maiden, wrathchild, running free and number of the beast from the "old school" list.

They played newer live favorite like fear of the dark and wicker man as well.

16 songs total- nothing from somewhere in time or 7th son or piece of mind or powerslave. Nothing from other albums either, like no prayer for the dying, but that's not so surprising.

Saw them at pnc and MSG this time, saw them at pnc during somewhere back on tour.

Great shows all, but I could tell some were not thrilled by the looong chunk in the middle that was devoted to newer lesser known songs. I had no problem with the set list, just felt it needed a better mix sequentially.

2 tours ago they did matter of life and death beginning to end- people were pissed. Then they did all old school and people were happy. They're trying to find a good balance.

At this point they have a shitload of great material to choose from so it's tough to pare down a list.

One thing that did annoy me- they have been running the same set the whole tour but have swapped out 2 different slots in the lineup- for some reason they played the same set at both pnc and at MSG the next night. Kind of silly, they must have realized that alot of folks were going to hit up both shows.

For all that, gotta say, they bring it, energy wise, night after night- as a fan I appreciate that most of all.

Comment

They did a nice "dedication" to RJD, but it would have really capped it off nicely if they actually played one of his songs instead of dedicating an obscure new song to him.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

I hear ya- that tune is actually 10 years old or so actually, and the sentiment- blood brothers- is nice.

At MSG as you mentioned Bruce had alot to say about Dio- not just a throwaway comment- not quite a eulogy, but very nice.

Bruce has a terrific voice but maybe he just doesn't want to throw down on one of RJD's tunes

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                              They played hallowed be thy name, iron maiden, wrathchild, running free and number of the beast from the "old school" list.

They played newer live favorite like fear of the dark and wicker man as well.

16 songs total- nothing from somewhere in time or 7th son or piece of mind or powerslave. Nothing from other albums either, like no prayer for the dying, but that's not so surprising.

Great shows all, but I could tell some were not thrilled by the looong chunk in the middle that was devoted to newer lesser known songs. I had no problem with the set list, just felt it needed a better mix sequentially.

One thing that did annoy me- they have been running the same set the whole tour but have swapped out 2 different slots in the lineup- for some reason they played the same set at both pnc and at MSG the next night. Kind of silly, they must have realized that alot of folks were going to hit up both shows.
                              Good summary of what I've seen in Montreal on July 7th!!!

My main gripe is the fact that most of the songs of the set list would have the similar vibe: slow intro with clean guitars then move to the usual galoping riffs we are used to hear from Maiden.

But as you said, and I quote ya: they bring it, energy wise, night after night- as a fan I appreciate that most of all.
                              JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                              X