Iron Maiden's new video: The Final Frontier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vass View Post
    I hear ya- that tune is actually 10 years old or so actually, and the sentiment- blood brothers- is nice.
    Fear of the Dark + is "new stuff" to me.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

sounds like every other song they've done in the last 10 years.

nothing new here...............
      yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Both the song and the video are utter crap. Maiden are dead for all i care, since a matter of life and death. that album sucked the balls of off a donkey and this one aint better at all.
        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I don't understand people like rr05 who want to hear the same old songs everytime Maiden tours. I'm glad they are trying to switch it up every tour. I wouldn't mind if they didn't play the trooper, 2 min, wratchild, iron maiden, and run to the hills ever again. The only song I would want to see them do every show is hallowed, other than that they can play anything and I'm happy. By the way Maiden kicked ass at San Manuel in san bernardino, got to see them from the pit, right in front o Adrain.

Comment

Ha I dug matter of life and death, thought it was their best since 7th son.

From a tour perspective they're as big as they ever were. It was amazing that when Bruce said "how many of you are at your first maiden show" the majority of the crowd raised their arms.

The majority. Both shows. I was stunned.

Many young kids too, like 17ish, not with daddy watching a show either.

Anyway. Utter crap? There's enough of that around- catch the latest reunion tour, where some has beens play their biggest hit from 1980 and call it an evening. I enjoyed both nights. Maybe I am unsophisticated.
            Last edited by Vass; 07-18-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

nah, you are a fan. maiden is still great. it is sad people still want to only hear shit from the 80's. if you want that, go buy a DVD. if you want to support an awesome band that still turns out great music, so go them on a current tour. yes, some of their songs are meandering and very similar in their structure. that is just how they write now. they have gotten older, you know. people approach music differently as they get older.

i agree, "a matter of life and death" is a terrific album. it has some of bruce's strongest vocal performances ever on songs like "the longest day" and "different world".

oh well. people are entitled to their say....
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Very cheesy video I'm just pissed we have to wait til next month for the album to be released.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm not one of those, that just want to see another Piece of mind or Number of the Beast redone over and over again. I like that they're modernising themselves a bit, but what they're doing the last few years is crap. they usually start the song in a good way, but then ruin it.
                  they've repeated themselves a LOT on Dance of death. Matter of life and death feels like filler material leftover from the DoD sessions.
                  Different world is just wildest dreams leftovers, the longest day starts like a PROPER epic should, has one of the eeriest feeling intros of a maiden song i get goosebumps every time i hear it, but then the completely fuck it up once the meat of the song starts and i want to puke and again it sounds like a DoD ripoff at the chorus. same thing with lord of light, though lord has a nice hook in the verse.. hmm i wonder why.. maybe cos it's THE SAME vocal melody as Lord of the Flies.
                  at least they ripped themselves off with matter of life and death (which after it was released got a .. rather short tour, followed with a world tour, giving us a concert from 1984! .. says a lot about how strong the album was).. with the new one, they rip off judas priest. listen to the previous song and you'll see it shares a bit too much riff similarity with Nostradamus.

sorry, but as far as i am concerned, maiden are dead. and it all started with the DoD album cover. i said it then and noone wanted to believe me. sonically they havent released anything worthwhile since DoD. if they want to be more proggy and give us a new iteration of Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Sign of the Cross each time, all the best, but i dont want stale leftovers, that have a million time changes and 'cool' intros, but fail to give me the feeling that they actually WANTED to do an album.
                  fuck it, i want another X factor!
                  Last edited by Davey; 07-20-2010, 08:22 AM.
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Meh, I want another Somewhere In Time album, with eerie FX.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                    X