SkyRise Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyRise Chicago

In November, I'll be participating in one of the most ambitious challenges I have ever embarked upon.

I'll be climbing the stairs of the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower from the ground floor to the observatory. That is one hundred and three flights!!

One may ask, why the hell I'm doing this. The answers are vaired yet simple. First of all, I'm combining one of my hobbies with one of my current goals. That goal, weight loss. Since 7/9/09, I have lost a total of 85lbs. Throughout most of that year I have lost it by watching what I'm eating. However, after the holidays, I realized that I needed to become more active. This is where my architecture hobby/fascination came in handy. There are many of these stair climbs in the city. This is just the first of a few annual events I'm planning on embarking upon. (Future events for me to join are Hustle Up the Hancock / John Hancock Center and Fight for Air Stair Climb / Presidential Towers)

Another reason made the whole decision that much better. All proceeds from funds raised are going to benefit the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. The "RIC is the nation’s #1 ranked provider of comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation care to patients from around the world and is the leader in research and development of the most cutting-edge treatments and technologies in its field." (I had to quote their website because they say it waaaay better than I ever could)

So, at post-time I'm currently only $55 away from my fund-raising goal. If anyone cares enough to help, please view my pledge page: http://ric.convio.net/site/TR/SkyRis...nal&fr_id=1040

Todd
    Occupy JCF

Done. I'm "Anonymous". lol

Have fun with the climb.
    Last edited by DRM; 07-20-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Wow! Thanks very much!!!
      Occupy JCF

Comment

DRM your a good man/woman.

Tekky, have fun.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Donated.
          Todd, that's awesome! Congrats on your current weight loss, and have fun climbing!

Sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thank you very much Sully!!

The climb should be fun and exciting. In training, I'm averaging 146 stories in a half an hour. The stairmill that I'm using is a pretty good approximation of the steps. I'll need to get into a high-rise building and do some actual training before the big day, but I think I'm ready.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

wow, man! that seems super fast to me! careful, you may soon be sprinting up the side of the building before you know it!

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It could be the manufacturer's idea of a flight of stairs and the Falzur Khan's idea of a flight of stairs might not align.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I'll pay $1000 if you rappel down the side of the building once you're done. And I want video.

Comment

I'd take that challenge if it weren't for my aversion to sh*tting my pants.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                    X