Annoying advertisements on JCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying advertisements on JCF

Every time I wanna look at pix, there's a big advert on the right hand side blocking some of the image. Is there a way to disable these annoying fuggas?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Become a platinum member? I don't see the ads.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Enable popup blocker?

I don't have a problem, they don't show up for me.

Comment

These aren't just pop up adds. There may be an easier answer than going Platinum (settings or something). Sponsors may also be concerned.

Comment

Just keep sucking sweetie Wilksy Baby. And remember to swallow, if you let it accumulate in your mouth first and then gulp it, you won't choke on it.

Luv you still!
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Firefox with Adblock and NoScript will kill most anything.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Crabs?

Um, just asking, y'know, not that anyone here has them. Right WB?
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                Become a platinum member? I don't see the ads.
                +1
                Just pay the $15 and all the ads go bye bye.
                -Rick

Comment

Have the same problem, and much more.
                  half is due to bad css.
                  I've just kept my mouth shut and fixed the css snafus on my end with firefox and stylish

div.content hasad
                  is inside the first post of each thread and has a margin right of 300px.
                  You see div content outlined in blue, the big gap is is a result of hasad, meant for a 300px ad. However the ads are outside the content (post) container, so the space is wasted.

See what a mess is makes especially of quoted posts, that is laffable.
                  It pushes content over in to a small sliver when browser width is narrow (like 900px) I side by side browser windows on 1920 screen here.

Next is some annoying embedded page frame which never loads on top of each ad.
                  if I want to go back to post index, it takes 2 clicks now because of the embed.
                  again if I want to go back to main forum index, 2 clicks again.

This is with IE8 anyways which I don't use here anymore. Love the cross platform compatibility.

If anything fix div content hasad margin from 300px to 0px since there is no ad in the post.
                  Never bothered to research what the odd embed anomally was.

Comment

I knew hellbat would be at the bottom of this-lol (see above)
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                      These aren't just pop up adds. There may be an easier answer than going Platinum (settings or something). Sponsors may also be concerned.
                      There is no easier answer. Cheaper maybe, but not easier.
                      I only need one more guitar.

Comment

If only I could enact my master plan and change everyone's font's to aramaic. Then you'd all be fooked!
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          If only I could enact my master plan and change everyone's fonts
                          Fixed. Hahahahaha.

No apostrophe there, you apostrophe lover you!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Never had that problem, even before becoming a platinum member (with IE8) something probably needs to be (un)checked in the IE settings
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Now I can return from a thread to the main area of the forum with one click instead of two so admin must have changed something!

The ads don't bother me. If I want to see a pic and an ad is in the way I download it and open it on my computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X