Annoying advertisements on JCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
    Now I can return from a thread to the main area of the forum with one click instead of two so admin must have changed something!
    Sure enuf has... 8)
    Thanks...

A shortcut for seeing an image (if overlapped by an ad) is to just click n drag it to your current active tab (IE8) never tried on Chrome or FF but just may behave the same.

Comment

i get that on my mobile, it sux, basically can't browse the jfc on it anymore since the upgrade.

+1 to firefox + noscript

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
        Have the same problem, and much more.
        half is due to bad css.
        I've just kept my mouth shut and fixed the css snafus on my end with firefox and stylish

div.content hasad
        is inside the first post of each thread and has a margin right of 300px.
        You see div content outlined in blue, the big gap is is a result of hasad, meant for a 300px ad. However the ads are outside the content (post) container, so the space is wasted.

See what a mess is makes especially of quoted posts, that is laffable.
        It pushes content over in to a small sliver when browser width is narrow (like 900px) I side by side browser windows on 1920 screen here.

Next is some annoying embedded page frame which never loads on top of each ad.
        if I want to go back to post index, it takes 2 clicks now because of the embed.
        again if I want to go back to main forum index, 2 clicks again.

This is with IE8 anyways which I don't use here anymore. Love the cross platform compatibility.

If anything fix div content hasad margin from 300px to 0px since there is no ad in the post.
        Never bothered to research what the odd embed anomally was.
        I think I may have had a stroke. I can see words, but they mean absolutely fuck all to me. Nuuuuuuurse!!!
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yeah, those ads to the right cover pics and squish text like in the pic earlier up in the thread. There always is an error ad as well that causes you to have to double back click.

Comment

Absolutely zero problems here. Using Firefox 3.6.8.

Comment

Yeah, I have no problems with Opera, IE8, or Safari on my ipad. I don't know if the fact I'm platinum has anything to do with or not...
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
              X