Just had my tooth pulled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had my tooth pulled

I went into the dentist for a tooth ache. He doesn't know wahat's wrong and send me to an endodontist for a root canal. Meanwhile I'm wondering where I'm going to get the cash for a root canal. The endodontist then refers me to the oral surgeon. The surgeon yanks out my tooth and yells at me for screaming out in pain (what a d-bag). Now I'm sitting at home in a lot of pain.

At first the meds seemed fun as they made me feel kind of loopy. Now All I feel is soreness and pain

-Just thought I'd share.

I had a doctor get mad at me for passing out from pain once. I'm like WTF?????

Hope you heal quickly.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Dentists in particular seem to be perplexed/pissed when they see you in pain while they are working. Like that shits supposed to feel good. The key with managing your pain is to take the meds as directed. If it says every 4 hours do it. Dont wait for it to start hurting. Get well soon.

Comment

When they say not to smoke or drink thru a straw they mean it. Trust me.

Comment

A proper dentist should be able to do a root canal themselves and not send you off somewhere else. Sounds like your dentist is one of those "plastic surgeon" types that only knows basic procedures. It took me a long time to find a good dentist and now I travel 2 hours out of my way because I'm not chancing getting another shitty one closer to home.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Agreed. A dentist can do a root canal them-fucking-selves. Go find another dentist.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Grawnday View Post
              When they say not to smoke or drink thru a straw they mean it. Trust me.
              Did you get the dry socket? I had my 4 wisdoms removed back when I was about 20 or so. I smoked like a chimney and luckily didn't get that. I guess it WICKED sucks though.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

My heart goes out to ya........I don't trust dentists.

I had 7 teeth pulled in 2 hours and I got a stupid script for some pain crap that AMPLIFIED the pain.I couldn't eat,smoke,sleep,stand,.........even the wife hid all the guns and ammo lol!

In the end,I finally decided to sit in a chair and find out what the internet had to offer and joined a couple of guitar forums and my life totally changed!

so bad shit < good shit and A good amount of Dentists might as well be politicians lol!

Hope things get better for ya

Comment

So two days after the tooth was pulled, I was (am) still in a lot of pain. I call the dentist, he's in another state with his wife and plead with him for help. A few hours later, he's giving me a root canal on the tooth that was next to the pulled one and his wife was acting as the dental assistant. It must really suck to be "on call". Anyways, I tell him that the pain meds he gave me didn't work and ask for something different. So in his infinite wisdom, he prescribes a higher dose of the same shit. WTF???

Ok, I try it. And it is supposed to work for 6 hours. It does work, but just for an hour and a half, and most of that is just the meds making me feel stoned. I also have to eat 3 Advil as well. So my stomach is hurting like Wanderli Silva just gave me a flying knee there. Early Monday Morning I gave my family doctor a call and told him about the pain I was in and that it that wouldn't go away. He gave me a prescription for a pill form of morphine that has such high levels of narcotics in it, the hospital is the only place you can get the pills from. I guess it's too strong for the pharmacy.

I'm thinking to myself "Yay, morphine! I'll be high as a kite and won't be in pain".

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!. I don't know what is going on with me, but my body is rejecting very strong painkillers and nothing seems to be working. I'm almost tempted to try vaporizing (no smoke) weed, but it sure as hell isn't legal and I've been job hunting, so if they drug test, I'd be screwed.

It sucks so much to be in pain and I don't know what else I can do. Does anyone know of any herbal medicine that is good for pain? And I can't sleep either cause' of the pain. It's 4:16 AM here in CT and I should be dreaming about cool stuff and hot girls and guitars, but instead I just sit around in lots of pain.
                  Last edited by The Rossness; 07-27-2010, 03:12 AM.

Comment

I have no good advice other than advil and a topical anasthetic like orajel. Even vaporized is still smoking and can cause dry socket on the pulled tooth. Unfortunately when you have pain like that it can be hard to manage without basically taking yourself offline while you heal up (morphine) or fighting the symptoms but still dealing with pain.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Firstly........sorry about the pain,....I've been there.

I don't know about you but in my incidence, I was getting too much pain dosage from the Hydrocodone.It was amplifying the pain instead.So I stopped and just took 3 tylonal for half a day and noticed an improvement.I then took 1/2 a pill(which breaking them is not recommended by the medical community)of the hydrocodone and the smaller amount worked!!!.........not perfect but,but a major improvement.

the trigeminal nerve is pure evil!!!!!!!!!!it does your teeth,jaw,throat,and ears........right now you probably feel like you've been shot in the head and can't tell exactly where.Dentists don't give a shit because its not their mouth that is in excruciating pain so your just gonna have to figure out something different for the pain and what ever you do DON"T drink whiskey or any other alcohol because it will thin your blood and make the pain actually worse.........you'll care less about it- being drunk,but you'll have no real benefit.

I'm no Dr but when I was in your predicament......less painkillers= better control over the pain..........best of luck in getting a handle on your misery.

Comment

Damn, Rossness, hope you heal soon & the pain leaves you.

I was gonna relate my 2 root canals (same night, 1 right after the other!) but that pales by comparison to what you & JJDK
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My mommy's (yes, I call he mommy) is in the health care business and she got me into see someone at the hospital who is refered to as "The Pain Guru". Basically he's a special doctor who diagnosses pain, where it is comming from and prescribes meds to deal with the pain. He's supposedly the best "pain guru" in the state. He gave me a prescription for a pill form of morphine so strong, pharmicies can't sell it because it is considered too much of a narcotic/ addictive substance. Anyway, the doctor said take one pill and it should help...............I've been taking 2 or 3 pills at a time (depending on the severity of the pain) combined with 2 Advil's and it seems to be working. Finally some relief!

guys- dental work sucks. I still feel dental work is a bit barbaric compared with other medical procedures.

Racerx- that must have sucked, one right after another My sister once had to endure 8 hours of dental work. I feel for ya.

Comment

My story too pales in comparison, but that shit does suck!

When my wife had her 4 wisdom teeth pulled...she took her ipod with her...didn't even get through 2 songs and the dentist was finished. So, when I go, I take my ipod...several ALBUMS later, he's done. Each of them cracked while he was trying to pull them so he had to take out piece after piece of each. Did my teeth hurt? No. Did my gums hurt? No. My fucking jaw hurt so goddamn bad and gave me a constant fucking headache for 5 days. Try keeping your mouth open constantly for close to 3 hours! I thought I'd be back to work next day or maybe the day after...had to take 3 days off and continued to suffer through the weekend. The pain meds they prescribed made me sick...I just stuck with Aleve and felt much better.

Comment

Hope you feel better bro, but be fucking careful mixing and overdosing on that shit. I know you feel better now, but you might be fucking with another part of your body internally.

Comment

Working...
                              X