For the animal lovers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the animal lovers...

Anyone who knows me knows of my dedication to helping retired racing Greyhounds. If you can help, thanks. If not, please share the video!

FWACC - RESCUE of the 28
    On Thursday July 8th, 2010, a rescue of what was thought to be 14 greyhounds took place in south Ft. Worth. When Ft. Worth Animal Care & Control arrived to pick up the hounds, it was discovered that there were actually 28 hounds, desperately in need of help. They were living outdoors in crates stacked on top of each other with no food or water.
    Greyhound rescue was contacted immediately. The dogs were in very poor condition. They were covered with ticks. They were bone thin and many had pressure sores all over their bodies. Greyhounds Unlimited and GALT worked together, dividing the greyhounds between the two groups. GU took 8 hounds into their care (see below). GALT took 8 as well.
    The TGA (Texas Greyhound Association) was also involved. Many thanks to them and FWACC for their help in this desperate situation.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Aw, I love greys! Wish I could have one here. Good on ya, Sully!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That sucks. I hate people...am sharing the video!

Comment

I love Greyhounds too. I had a Whippet a few years back.

I've already got a Weimaraner here, and as a result I'm not able to help very well (grammar?), but rest assured the video has been shared.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

Since I apparently cant edit, ill post my edit now

Well hell, I thought you wanted me to adopt one. I will gladly make a monetary donation.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Great work Sully and a tip of the hat to you and everyone else who helped out!

Comment

Thanks all! Sadly, 4 of them have passed away as of today, due the result of the neglect that they suffered. If you can't donate, that's cool; please share it on your fb pages or twitter accounts, etc.

Sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sorry to hear that Sully. My wife (a vet) and I have been doing animal rescue for over 10 years. There are so many horrendous stories like this. It's such a great feeling knowing that you have saved an animal from neglect, but those that you weren't able to save still linger in the back of your mind.

I know they've made some strides in changing abuse laws throughout the country, but they are still nowhere near what they need to be. The punishment on these backyard breeders is so weak that they're back in business in no time at all. It's a complete joke. Lancaster County PA is one of the worst areas for this. People, if you MUST buy from a breeder, please don't buy from a 'nice Amish family' for Christ sake!!! If you MUST have a certain breed of dog, please do some research and find a rescue organization that specializes in that breed--there are many, many, many rescue organizations that specialize in pretty much every breed out there.

Comment

Working...
                X