No announcement yet.

FINALLY! On stage again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Outlander. I am going for the "cyber goth" look, which has been big in the UK and has morphed with the anime look in the rave scene. I'm working towards a more "cyber metal" style for upcoming shows though. Hard to describe but I can't tell you how much I love the element of theatrics! Having been borne of the Gene Simmons/KISS and David Bowie era as a kid, I have always wanted to do this in a band. Sometimes I have to pinch myself! lol... seriously!

Our singer, Donnie, writes 99% of the music, vocals, guitars, bass, drums, keys, sound FX, you name it. He's a talented cat, that's for sure! (and for those of you who know about me, you might find this interesting, in the early 1990's his band and my band at the time played a bunch of shows together in the Phoenix area! So we actually knew each other when we met recently, but he didn't know about me. But now, yes, the whole band knows about me. They rock!) Anyways, one might think it's a drag not writing my own guitar parts, but it's actually the opposite. What he writes is not written from a guitarist's perspective, so it's weird, and fun to play because it's nothing at all like what I (in my age-old rut) would be writing. So to me it's fresh and different, and challenging as f***! Also, it gives me time to focus on dynamics, solos and performance. I like that a lot. Donnie records the electronica and backing tracks and a click/sync track, among other things, on a Roland VS1680 (I think is what it is). The click track goes to our drummer, 6ix, and the other stuff through the house system, along with the rest of us. Makes for a super fat live sound and it's really great for continuity. I never thought I'd enjoy playing with a setup like that, but after doing it for a couple of months now, I really like it a lot. The only down-side is if that thing fails, but we're pretty tight so we could manage.

Also new for me is I am singing backup vocals for the first time!

I am looking forward to writing some leads for the new stuff we're working on. I'm playing a short bit in one of the current set, but it's not much, though it is a cool harmony with Eddie. He and I are working on some intertwining leads for another song and he and we are pumped about what we can do as time rolls on. He's wild as hell on stage but a damn impressive guitar player. I can't really watch him when we're playing live so it was a treat to see what he does while I was putting the videos together. He's freakin' crazy live!!

While I have you - whomever you may be that's reading this - do you know of any solid live sound engineers ("sound guys", lol) who might be interested in joining a band like ebomb? We are in DIRE need of a dedicated sound engineer (and also a lighting person) and we are seriously on the hunt for crew right now. If you know of anyone, will you let me know? I'd appreciate it. I ask you guys because I know many of you have good connections here and there through your experience, and I trust and respect a great lot of you, and your opinions. Speaking of playing guitar, it's time to run through the set!

Rock, onward and upward!

Comment

Thanks Bichmaker! Hey, since you're in Gilbert, and your moniker leads me to believe you make BC Rich guitars for some odd reason... you wouldn't happen to be related to Joey G., would you???

Comment

Nope.... not related... or building BC Riches, but I do build guitars. I always wanted a Bich, but couldn't afford one. When I finally built a guitar, everyone called it a bich (which it wasn't) and started calling me Bichmaker. Now I build my own guitars, and it's become the "real job" for me lately.

now, Who's Joey G? Sounds familiar
        http://www.wulffson.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bichmaker View Post
          and started calling me Bichmaker.
          Sounds like a cool drink!

"Bartender, pour me a Bichmaker!"

"Coming right up, sir"

Last edited by RacerX; 08-17-2010, 02:18 AM.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I like the image as well. Too many bands miss the boat on the visual aspect of a live performance. I personally don't like seeing bands on stage that dress like they are regular joes. I'm from the era that you should put on a show regardless of audience size and look the part, not wear dockers, polo shit and a rolex on stage lol.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I really liked everything about the band - sounded great and I can't believe I would like this kind of stuff. I also have to agree with Mr. Lutz. When the band is dressed like everyday people they are just a bar band. When there is a visual image combined with skilled players, it is an EVENT. Great job!!!

Comment

Very cool! Do you have pics online? Joey's actually my neighbor. He's a video producer. The tie-in with BC Rich is pretty cool, his uncle is Bernie Chavez Rico - THE BC Rich creator. Cool backstory there. Joey's got all kinds of old pics of him/them.

Originally posted by Bichmaker View Post
                Nope.... not related... or building BC Riches, but I do build guitars. I always wanted a Bich, but couldn't afford one. When I finally built a guitar, everyone called it a bich (which it wasn't) and started calling me Bichmaker. Now I build my own guitars, and it's become the "real job" for me lately.

now, Who's Joey G? Sounds familiar

Comment

Yes!!!!

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                  i really liked everything about the band - sounded great and i can't believe i would like this kind of stuff. I also have to agree with mr. Lutz. When the band is dressed like everyday people they are just a bar band. When there is a visual image combined with skilled players, it is an event. Great job!!!

Comment

Like someone else said, a nice mix of genres. Great job. Glad your back out there, tearing it up.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                    X