Went to a Ratt show the other day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to a Ratt show the other day...

I was working as a tech for the opening band, Shuvelhead here in Fresno, CA the night Ratt was playing at the Warnor's Theatre and it was a great night. I'm 17 years old and Warren DeMartini is one of my biggest heros/influences. I had the opportunity of meeting with him very briefly after the show and talking Charvel/Jackson with him. I was taken back at how friendly and genuine of a guy Warren is. He led the conversation for the most part and without hesitation gave me a pick after complimenting me on my Charvel t-shirt. I met Stephen, Carlos, Bobby and the new bass player (forgive me, I forgot name - not Juan!) and all of them were very inviting. Still out of all of them, DeMartini made me feel like a member of the band, and is an all around awesome guy. If you have the chance to meet him, don't pass it up, it was a rock 'n roll dream come true. He's definitely a role model and treats fans like they're number one. Best night ever! -I'll add pictures later, my friend took the ones with him separately so I'll hunt them down.
    Ratt & Roll

Sounds cool. In the 80s I liked Ratt, but I think I like them more now. Can't deny they wrote good catchy stuff. Just need my JB loaded SL2H and my DSL100 and it's Ratt city.

Comment

Awesome, I met Demartini in 2005 and he was the same way with me and my best friend. I know we had to have talked to him for at least a half an hour. Now, post some damn pictures!

Comment

Cool experience MS, thanks for sharing that. I just saw Ratt and the Scorpions in Sacramento last week. Great sets from both of them and if you closed your eyes it could have been the late eighties all over again.

Comment

I'll post some pics tomorrow, sorry for the delay!
          Ratt & Roll

Comment

I agree, I had the same opinion/feeling the couple of times I had to visit with him.

DeMartini is a perfect gentleman. Very humble & soft-spoken with the fans.

You'd never know he's a guitar legend by talking with him.
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Glad to hear they were good guys. Robbin Crosby and DeMartini got me hooked on J/C!

Comment

Working...
              X