Mekanikal P**** - New song w/video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mekanikal P**** - New song w/video

Since there has been some pretty positive feedback on the band and our song Fixed, I thought maybe you'd like to hear another new track. This one is called "Mekanikal P****" I'll leave it for you to find out what that word is, lol.

I comped the vid with some footage of the "mechanical cat", AMEE, from the movie Red Planet, because, well, she's a mechanical cat.... alright go watch! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwRMqV4nRTE

"illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I like this one even more than Fixed!
      Really looking forward to the CD.

Comment

I like the tunes. My only criticism of the live performance is the singer has a bit of a bad habit of turning his back to the audience. It's cool when it's once in a while to talk to a band mate but just turning and singing at the drummer give the audience a disconnect.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

This one is catchier for me.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Thank you much! And Hellbat, I agree with your thoughts on the back turning. I noticed that, too. Not sure if that was because we were having some odd technical issues that night or what. We'll see how it goes in October...

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

it worked out pretty good for Jim Morrison, you never know.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Good song! Nice hook in this one, too. Since your look and sound is so extreme have you considered working whammy pedal effects into some of your songs? I have a WH4 and the sounds I can get with it through a distorted tone are about as extreme as they come.

Comment

Trussrod - Thanks! And yeah, I was toying with my old (1983) CryBaby wah the other night but she is crusty and needs to be mounted in a nice glass display cabinet under the "antique" plaque. Haha! Eddie's using wah like a mofo, and I was when I had my Lexicon MPX-G2 hooked up. It makes too much noise though. I'm gonna look into that WH4 you mentioned.

Comment

Great sound and presentation! So is "Fixed"! The arrangements are tight and brutal and stay punchy. They're great as far as pushing the momentum of the songs, the changes really feel like they come right on time. That sounds kinda dumb but I think you know what I mean. Knowing how to arrange is as important as composing parts and you can hear and feel Donnie's vision plowing through! I think y'all could be huge with the right exposure!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annah View Post
                      Trussrod - Thanks! And yeah, I was toying with my old (1983) CryBaby wah the other night but she is crusty and needs to be mounted in a nice glass display cabinet under the "antique" plaque. Haha! Eddie's using wah like a mofo, and I was when I had my Lexicon MPX-G2 hooked up. It makes too much noise though. I'm gonna look into that WH4 you mentioned.
                      Annah, the WH4 (made by Digitech) is a pitch shifting pedal not a wah wah pedal. Check out Hellbound on Pantera's Reinventing the Steel release. There are many other ways to use it, too. EVH, like a lot of other guitarists from decades ago, used the wah to boost treble during solos so the wah effect wasn't really part of his playing even though he used the pedal on the early VH albums.

Keep up the great work--you guys have a legit chance of making it judging from the songs you've posted.

Comment

No wonder I couldn't find a WH4 wah! NOw for some shameless self-promotion (is there a forum spot for that?):

Hard Rock Radio Live - THIS SATURDAY - We need requesters!!!

This Saturday between 9am and noon (AZ time, 12-3 ET) we need as many people as possible to go to www.hardrockradiolive.com and request one or all of the following ebomb songs: Fixed, Supa X, or Mekanikal Pussy.

LET'S OVERLOAD THEIR REQUEST SYSTEM!!!!

Comment

I just realized your band sounds like a heavier more aggressive Econoline Crush. I hope that's not an insult, because it isn't intended to be.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

No insult taken! Those guys kick ass! Thanks for the compliment, and for turnin' me on to another cool band. I'm gonna go find more of their stuff now!

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            I just realized your band sounds like a heavier more aggressive Econoline Crush. I hope that's not an insult, because it isn't intended to be.

Comment

Working...
                            X