Cool tours in the San Diego area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool tours in the San Diego area

Hey, I'm going to San Diego soon on vacation, just wondering if anyone knows of any cool music related tours I could go on. I'd love to tour the C/J factory, but that seems to be invite only. Anything else come to mind?

music related tours i don't know about. go to Coronado, Del Mar, Solana beach, etc.
    and you'll find plenty of things to do.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

There's the Taylor guitar factory tour if you book it in advance, out east in El Cajon - give them a call to schedule.

Other guitar-related stuff here would be the NAMM Museum of Music up in Carlsbad, stores would be Centre City Music downtown (largest Gibbie dealer in the US...allegedly), Guitar Trader in Clairemont, Freedom Guitar in the College area, Buffalo Bros. in Carlsbad.

Beach areas are always fun - Pacific, Ocean, & Mission Beach if you're single (lotsa bars); La Jolla, Del Mar & Coronado if you have kids in tow...Downtown is ok to party into the night if you like thumpa thumpa music and a ghetto-feel, avoid otherwise...

Hope that helps!
      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Cool, thanks. I had no idea Taylor has a factory there!

Still waiting for one of the J/C guys to send a PM invite for a tour. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
          Still waiting for one of the J/C guys to send a PM invite for a tour.
          Doesn't hurt to ask! FWIW, it's about an hour & a half north of here...
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Working...
          X