Glinsky Customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glinsky Customs

First off, let me say that while I've posted a few times here in the past few years, it's been a long time since I've posted here on a regular basis. Typical reasons, family, work, band, life in general. I started here about 7 years ago and have meet a lot of cool people just on the board and in person. I don't post on any other forums. Never had.

On to the news. Since 1990, I've been doing guitar repair and customization for a small word of mouth community (friends, friends of friends, etc). I've worked on a few members guitars here or members have bought guitars, I've done repair work on. I've just been given an opportunity to open up a small shop inside RVP Studios here in West Haven CT. RVP is a huge facility that houses 3 guitar teachers, 3+ drum teachers, bass, piano and singing lessons. They also have a full service recording studio and fully equipped rehearsal spaces. There is also a Huge theater for pro rehearsals that has already had Ace Frehley and Hatebreed in house. RVP has been growing since I started rehearsing there in 2004. My son has been taking drum lessons with the owner for 4 years. They have just moved to their new facility and its really unbelievable.

To sum up, Glinsky Customs is going legit! my goal is to eventually quite my day job. It'll be a challenge doing both, but it's worth it. I want to thank the people on this board that gave me the balls to do this. From Sully's advice both personal and within threads(you and Kev inspired me try my hand at making a homade vtrem. it was ugly, but functional) to Dave's(budman) help with a bunch of projects. Also, all of you who have had me do work for you(Wayne, you are the best) or bought something I brought back from the dead. Thanks for all the kind words from all of you. Thats what made me believe I could do this. If you're in southern CT, look me up. I'll be moving in soon(next few weeks).
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Congrats and best of luck.. Let me know when you are settled in and up to full steam, I have a refret I am having difficulty finding someone to trust with...
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Glad to hear it! I still have the picks you sent me oh so long ago and while I'm shocked that I've offered anything of assistance, I'm glad to hear that!

Sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Congrats, dude! Best wishes to you & yours!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It sounds to me like you definitely have the attitude to go the distance. Congrats!
          Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Come on Sully! Don't be so humble. I'll post here again when I'm up and running.

Comment

Congrats Jim...I wish you the best!

I just bought a headstock repaired guitar from Jim, so I can vouch for his work!

Comment

Great news Jim. The old Washburn N2 that you did the fret work for me on is still running strong.
                If you need any help with electronics or parts let me know. I would love to help you out.
                John G

Comment

Awesome news bro! Best of luck!
                  We are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overdue for a few frothies
                  Let me know when you can catch up

Comment

Great news Jim. The old Washburn N2 that you did the fret work for me on is still running strong.
                    If you need any help with electronics or parts let me know. I would love to help you out.
                    John G
                    Thanks John. I may take you up on that. I'd like to outsource the amp repair stuff, but if not, I'll be callin ya!

Awesome news bro! Best of luck!
                    We are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overdue for a few frothies
                    Let me know when you can catch up
                    I know. Its long over due.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                      Congrats Jim...I wish you the best!

I just bought a headstock repaired guitar from Jim, so I can vouch for his work!
                      Thanks Rob. Glad you're liking it.

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda View Post
                        Thanks John. I may take you up on that. I'd like to outsource the amp repair stuff, but if not, I'll be callin ya!

I know. Its long over due.
                        count me in bros

Comment

I'll be up and running officially on Sat, Sept 25. Thats also the same day that RVP is going to have their grand opening/ribbon cutting ceremony. The studio will be open from 1-5 for tours. There will be some food at 5, and then the teachers will be performing in the theater at 7. Check out the RVP website. www.rvpstudios.com

If anyone is in the area, come on down and hang out.

Comment

Very cool, congrats!!! Best of luck in turning this into a full-time gig.
                            Hopefully my Glinsky guitar pick will be worth something someday
                            Last edited by Rupe; 09-23-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X