Malware?? On JCF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware?? On JCF???

Had no idea where to post this, but in the USA Jacksons section of the forums, I get a Malware Detected (something about www.remcarr.com) page in Google Chrome when I try to go to the thread titles "Post your Warriors."

LINK

What's up with that?
    Last edited by DalyTek; 08-30-2010, 03:35 PM.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Sometimes I am blocked from this site at work for my protection. Not always though.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Its remcarr.com that's being flagged. There are images hosted there that have been posted.

Comment

Very weird. RemCarr is a member here. Haven't seen him post in a long time. His site sure enough is flagged like crazy by Google... :think:

Comment

KAV Database list remcarr as a distributor of malware. The JCF may contain links to this website, resulting in the flags. I can assure you this site is malware free.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

I did some digging, and there are 6 links on the first page of that thread that point to remcarr.com, all of which are Jackson Warrior pictures hosted there, linked to by member RemCarr.
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I thought it was from the advertizing spam block on the side of the screen. Sometimes those ads are blocked.

Comment

If you have a good anti-virus, you have nothing to worry about. Personally I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus, and it does a great job. It blocks all sorts of internet threats.

If you think your computer is currently infected with malware, and you do not have anti-virus protection or do not know how to use it, download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware free off www.malwarebytes.org. This program is a scanner that is very good at detecting and removing malware. However, it is worth noting that the free version is only a scanner, and offers no protection against malware whatsoever. Also, the free version does not update itself, therefore I reccomend you update (Through the "Update" tab in the GUI) whenever you scan your computer. Doing this will make sure that you have the most recent databases (Which means more malware detected).

If you have a rogue anti-virus program (one that ransoms normal use of your computer until you pay them to remove "infected" files), you can use Malwarebytes to get rid of them. For full removal guides on prevalent rogues, please visit www.bleepingcomputer.com and go to the "Spyware removal" section. If you have paid, call your credit card company and dispute the charges.

Grim
                Last edited by Grim; 08-31-2010, 02:13 PM.
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                X