Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Like alot of you guys, I have noticed that 80's style guitars are coming back somewhat. Why do you guys think this is happening? The Floyd was shunned for a while, I know by me also, but I have a renewed interest in it again. Its wierd.:think:

A lot od people dis the Floyds. Not really sure why. I love them. The real deal Floyds I have on my guitars never go out of tune. The licensed ones on the other hand.... those are a different story...
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Yeah, I ditched the Floyd for years, using the Wilkinson, fender trem, etc. I guess I was trying to get away from the 80's thing for a while, because I used a Floyd for at least 5-6 years back then.

Comment

Grunge. It killed the Floyd, rack gear, good tone, playing ability/talent, hot chicks throwing panties on the stage, etc.

The pendulum swings back. Soon we will have 12-necked guitars, spandex space-suits, and crazy fingertapped solos again.

Comment

Ha, Your right about that.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
            Soon we will have 12-necked guitars, spandex space-suits, and crazy fingertapped solos again.
            = Paul Gilbert

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes, playing Michael Angelo Batio's guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                Grunge. It killed the Floyd, rack gear, good tone, playing ability/talent, hot chicks throwing panties on the stage, etc.
                I already have all of that, except for rack gear!
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                X