Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watched Megadeth, Testament and SLAYER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Megadeth, Testament and SLAYER!!!

...at the Cow Palace!! last night. At first I sort of expected it not to be as good as the Metallica show I went to HP Pavilion, but it totally rocked!!

At the gigantour many complained they could hardly hear Mustaine sing. It was either, listen to his guitars or listen to his singing. Not both at the same time. but at the cow palace, it was just perfect. And it wasn't too LOUD either. At HP-Pavilion, Lars' and Robert's bass was the only thing one could hear in the Metallica concert. :ROTF:

And Slayer's Tone was AMAZING. Just like out of a CD, but loud. Hanneman totally screwed up all this lead-guitar work but Kerry King tried really hard to nail each and every one of them. They played all the great songs! Most of the great numbers from SITA and SOH. Totally happy to finally see them!

Sadly, I could not spot any Jackson guitars. Eric Peterson of testament had a EVH head and I think it was a Diezel undeneath the EVH in his Rack. I could not see what Alex was using. Their tone sounded too hi-fi IMO.
    Sam

I was there too. Amazing show. Pummelling relentless metal.

3 words: My Last Words!!!!

Where Metal Lives! Breaking news, reviews, interviews, audio, and videos... Your hub for metal music.

Comment

WOOT!! And it looks like I was wrong about no Jacksons. Was just watching a old video and looks like the bass guitar Dave Ellefson was playing was a Jackson.

Sam

Comment

I was there backstage, Ellefson had his Jackson basses with him. Kerry was running three of his prototype JCM800 heads all at the same time. James and Lars also showed up for the show.

Comment

Working...
        X