Some changes are in order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some changes are in order

I've got to the stage where I'm thinking of going from a Boss GT-10 back to a GT-6, and Dimarzio's back to Seymour Duncans. I've concluded the chipset in the GT-6 sounds better than the GT-10's simulators, and the SH8/SH10 were factory pups for the WR1 because they do in fact suit it well. I'm even considering getting rid of one Warrior to get a Soloist.

I'm going to get a Boss GT-6 first being as they go much cheaper than a pair of pickups. I still have the old Full Shred/Invader combo from my BKGF WR1. I'll just have to sell my Dimarzios on evilbay to buy a CustomCustom/59 combo. Maybe a TB4 and SH2 for the 3rd Warrior. JB Jr, Hot Rails and Lil 59 for the Warrior Pro.

Is this drastic, or just realising what I should've done/kept in the first place?

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Whatever you do, don't ever say that you're gonna stop playing Jacksons and going back to Ibanez.
    Sam

Comment

i have done that before. sometimes the original factory set ups are the best in regards to pickups. as far as the GT6...i still use a POD 2.0 because it sounds the best to me. sure, it doesn't have as many options or whatever, but i can get a killer sound.

i don't think it is drastic at all, i think it is more normal than people want to admit. i remember when rack systems started going out of style because people realized that, more often than not, a head sounded better than all those individual components. then people started moving away from rack effects and getting back into to pedals. then people started going from 100 + watt stacks to combo amps. then the low powered combos started getting popular.

sometimes, the simple way is the best. do it, hahaha!!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I put EMG's in all my guitars about a year and a half ago... Then I decided I didn't like them, and went back to passives. :ROTF:

I like Duncans pretty well. I like DiMarzios, too. I think it's a matter of finding the right pickup for the guitar, and maybe what you've got just doesn't suit the Warrior.

Comment

There's a reason I exclusively play Soloists, although I do have a CS Warrior coming that should be awesome.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Out of curiosity, What are the Dimarzios in the Warrior?
            I like EL34s.

Comment

HERE HERE for the POD 2.0

I've seen WTB ads on craigs for people looking for these.

I'm hanging on to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                i have done that before. sometimes the original factory set ups are the best in regards to pickups. as far as the GT6...i still use a POD 2.0 because it sounds the best to me. sure, it doesn't have as many options or whatever, but i can get a killer sound.

i don't think it is drastic at all, i think it is more normal than people want to admit. i remember when rack systems started going out of style because people realized that, more often than not, a head sounded better than all those individual components. then people started moving away from rack effects and getting back into to pedals. then people started going from 100 + watt stacks to combo amps. then the low powered combos started getting popular.

sometimes, the simple way is the best. do it, hahaha!!!!
                That's precisely what I'm saying - we want the latest gear, but new doesn't mean better. I think I just didn't want to admit that I wasted a ton of hard earned money though I can recover some of that by selling off the Dimarzios and GT-10.

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                Out of curiosity, What are the Dimarzios in the Warrior?
                All 3 WR1's have Dimarzio pickups:
                Nebula - Evolutions
                Trans Black - Super Distortion & PAF Pro
                Black Ghost Flames - Super Distortion & PAF Pro.

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                Whatever you do, don't ever say that you're gonna stop playing Jacksons and going back to Ibanez.
                Pfft! I've never owned an Ibeenhad! I've previously played B.C. Rich guitars... until that Speedloader shit started.
                Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-04-2010, 09:09 PM.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Hmm, I thought this thread was gonna be about Rsmacker!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wait, you don't like the Super Distortion? :think:

What is wrong with you, man?

Comment

i do it all the time. i think its called being a guitarist. ha ha. i've gone from head to rack to head. active to passive to active. kelly/V's to dinkys to kelly/v's. its just what we do.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Hmm, I thought this thread was gonna be about Rsmacker!
                        Meh, its about weight loss.
                        Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-05-2010, 10:03 AM.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                        X