Funny... to me at least...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny... to me at least...

I took my 6 month old daughter Fiona in the music room and was jamming out. Some of my own stuff and some not quite (Metallica, Megadeth). While I was playing Sanitarium, she was cool with it. The second I started playing Dead Skin Mask by Slayer, she started screaming. I stopped and so did she. I played Hanger 18 and she was cool. Back to Dead Skin Mask and she started fussing again.

Not sure why I find this funny.... I guess I just assumed that being 6 months old, it all sounded the same to her. Apparently not. Clearly she doesn't like Slayer. I only like about 3 Slayer songs, so I guess I can't blame her.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

I cry when I hear Slayer too.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Ya I never got into them. Seasons in the Abyss has a couple of AWESOME songs, and South of Heaven (the tune) is pretty cool. But overall they are obnoxious to me. Same with Pantera.. Cemetery Gates is phenominal... but that is it IMO.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

It's the "diabolus in musica" effect! http://www.diabolus.org/explanation/explanation.htm
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes, that is quite interesting and likely scientifically significant.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

I had thought about that actually. I figure it sounds tremendously menacing to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
              I had thought about that actually. I figure it sounds tremendously menacing to her.
              Yeah, I'm quite fascinated by this, to be honest.
              I like EL34s.

Comment

fukk, i hear slayer and i want to bury the nearest kitchen knife into my own neck.
                I side with Fiona.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  It's the "diabolus in musica" effect! http://www.diabolus.org/explanation/explanation.htm
                  Isn't that the 3-note combination that makes up the riff to "Black Sabbath?" Also, I think Randy's intro to the "Over The Mountain" solo is the same.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                    Isn't that the 3-note combination that makes up the riff to "Black Sabbath?" Also, I think Randy's intro to the "Over The Mountain" solo is the same.
                    Yes. I am not sure about Randy's solo, but "Black Sabbath" is all tritone.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

The tritone is only two notes. It is called tritone because there are 3 whole note intervals between them (at least if I understand it correctly).

Comment

Yes, the tritone is a flat fifth.

Comment

Dead Skin Mask is a bad ass song.

Comment

Working...
                          X