Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats all the hoopla about this Orianthi for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori

C'mon, you cannot deny she at least as good as many of the so-called traditional male 'guitar heroes'....

I'd stack her up equally against guy players like:

Joe Perry
    Brad Whitford
    Adrian Smith
    Dave Navarro
    Even...Stevie Ray Vaughn

On top of that ,you have a GREAT voice ,a marketable look and a pedigree with serious music business clout. A complete package IMO.

I saw it from the beginning and she's continuing to develop. Sure the 'pop' side has begun to have it's 'current' influence but....Like it or not she's gonna have a nice career
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Orianthi is just like the guitars she plays... the technical ability is all there, but she is uninspired, boring and emotionless

Comment

Her guitars are fantastic! I think she's got a deal ... PRS ...
        JvicE

Comment

She's got it goin' on. She can play, sing, young, hot, free guitars and equipment, famous friends.......
          I think I'll hate her too.
          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Not too familiar with her work but from the things I've heard she's definitely more than just a mediocre player, average players are everywhere, large majority of youtube wizards and message board rockstars have out of tune vibrato and no tone in their hands. She doesn't have these problems. She's not very original but then again who is these days. Her guitar sound is definitely above average, her control over intonation is way better than the hacks from Avenged Sevenfold or Dragonforce have. I don't give shit if she's a women or not, studying humanities in Tallinn University you'll have pussy juice stains on your clothes just by entering the building so at least my ears aren't connected to phallic nerve circulation and therefore a good looking female musician isn't going to get any extra points from me. Bringing out gender is idiotic. When a chick is too good then she's going to get stupid shit too. Some assholes thought that April Lawton was a transsexual because they could never ever be as good as she was.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
              C'mon, you cannot deny she at least as good as many of the so-called traditional male 'guitar heroes'....

I'd stack her up equally against guy players like:

Joe Perry
              Brad Whitford
              Adrian Smith
              Dave Navarro
              Even...Stevie Ray Vaughn

On top of that ,you have a GREAT voice ,a marketable look and a pedigree with serious music business clout. A complete package IMO.

I saw it from the beginning and she's continuing to develop. Sure the 'pop' side has begun to have it's 'current' influence but....Like it or not she's gonna have a nice career
              You have got to be shitting me.

Adrian Smith......? come on. She couldnt even roadie for Adrian Smith. Adrian Smith is in an entirely different league than her. seriously. I mean that isnt even a comparison I would consider if I were drunk.

Joe perry. he sucks anyway, so it dont matter.

Witford......he's better than perry, but sure as hell aint no Adrian Smith.

Dave Navarro....... he sucks too, so she may be better than him.

SRV....... another comparison that isnt even in the same league.

She is a decent guitarist, but nowhere near the caliber of SRV or Adrian Smith. not even close.

if she has a nice career, thats great. more power to her, but it dont make her a great guitarist. it just means the A & R reps at her record company are doing their job effectively. she is mediocre, and most likely will always be, but there have been many mediocre musicians that have made a good career. but in the long run, she is just less than stellar guitarist making it on her looks. its a gimick they can market.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Pointy View Post
                Orianthi is just like the guitars she plays... the technical ability is all there, but she is uninspired, boring and emotionless
                you got that right.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                  MJ may have been fucked up in a lot of ways, but nobody EVER got a gig with him unless that person was at the top of their game.

how do you define a worthy guitarist? what makes her so UN-special? you keep saying she is mediocre in the grand scheme. i am curious to whom you compare her. BTW - i have no opinion of her at all. i watched the videos. to me, some songs were good, others ok, and some i didn't like. that is standard though. i am completely indifferent about orianthi....

i am always curious, too, when somebody starts a thread like this, what is that person's achievement on the instrument. like, what bands have you played with or how many albums, what gear endorsements do you have and what label backs your band/music? essentially, i am curious about a players resume....

so, can you enlighten us? i think it would be awesome to know your qualifications and what you are basing your judgement upon.
                  This is who I compare her to as far as female guitarists:
                  Guitar lessons - http://www.TrueFire.comChelsea Constable http://www.chelseaconstable.com from http://www.GuitarPlayerTV.comhttp://www.TrueFire.com

Chelsea Coinstable, note this was 2004 when she was 14! She has her version of Scarified on her Myspace page and yes, she can shred it up like Paul Gilbert. And THAT clip has been up for about 2 years, I can only imagine how she plays now.

Orianthi is an okay guitarist, she IS mediocre. She has the "respect" of Santana and Vai because she is competent while being a hot sweet young blonde. Which is fine but let's not get carried away.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Holy shit, yeah I'd say Chelsea is much better!

Comment

The 'respect' of vai and santana is laughable. its about as meaningful as if Osama Bin Laden said he respected Brett Farve's talent. completely irrelevant.

Comment

Meh, I'd hit it
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I'd respect the hell outta them titties.

Brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr...

Yeah, she's no Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Comment

She definitely couldn't compete with SRV. I am not a huge SRV fan, because I don't really like blues, but one day I decided to learn Texas Flood. !!!! That was far more difficult thn I imagined. So difficult for me in fact, that I gave up, lol. I did manage to pick up a few cool bluesy licks from that though.
                            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I dunno ...all I see is her cold dead eyes!

Comment

I bet Michael Angelo respects her hair style!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X