Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats all the hoopla about this Orianthi for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats all the hoopla about this Orianthi for?

whats the big fuss? hack guitar playing IMO. the songs are pop, and thats fine, I am not going to bag on pop songs, its just another genre of music. it never hurt nobody. but in the realm of pop stars which I dont know much about, her guitar playing dont sound like it fits. in fact, it dont sound like it would fit in any song.

I saw some interview with her on youtube and she played the solo from Micheal Jackson's "Beat it" which is what she played to audition for his band. to be frank, I thought she played it like shit. I am going to say I have heard that played better by many people, including myslef. she hacked it.

So whats the big deal? is it just because she is an attractive young lady that can play fast metal esque riffs on a guitar? I dont get it.

please discuss.

(For Ron's sake, I hope I used proper grammar and spelling in this post)
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

She's the new Lita Ford. :dunno:

Comment

Lita can play circles around her.

Comment

I got her CD after the whole Jackson "This is It" show I watched.
        Didn't think it was that bad. Haven't watched any You Tube stuff on her.
        And she is little!

Comment

"Lita can play circles around her."

Granted everybody is entitled to his or her opinion.
          But after watching these two below I'm to sure about that.
          Especially the bottom one/link.

Orianthi plays Lights of Manos @ PRS Guitar's Booth NAMM 2006. Check her out at www.myspace.com/orianthi. This girl ROCKS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7b-_YcACuQ&feature=related
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
            ...I am not going to bag on pop songs, its just another genre of music. it never hurt nobody.

Comment

Lita can play circles around her.
              I disagree, but it doesn't really matter, basically my feeling is that they are both decent guitar players but neither of them would get any attention without the boobs and blonde hair.

Comment

Her 1st album is a lot better than the last one.

She's not bad and I think she could be a decent blues/pop player once the industry stops trying to find a box to put her in.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

She is pretty good. I hate saying "for a girl", but the truth is, I can't think of many good female guitarists. Hell, I can't really think of many female guitarists in general... good or bad...
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

whats the big fuss? hack guitar playing IMO.
                    First off , I'm a HUGE fan and have been for 4 years...well before she appeared on anyone's radar.

What's all the fuss???

1. SHE'S HOT!

2. She CAN play.

3. She's an even better singer.

4. She has the respect & backing of PRS, Carlos Santana and Steve Vai.

5. She was chosen by Michael Jackson for the ill fated tour...

That's more than enough for me, plus I saw her at NAMM '06 and '07 and she tore it up.

Here's an example that you missed (I was there) tell me she's not better than most of us here....keeping in mind she has a hired backing band . She's all of about 19 or 20 here.

Orianthi plays @ PRS Party NAMM 2007. She just signed a contract with Geffen Records. You can check her out at www.myspace.com/orianthi. This girl ROCKS!!!
                    Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 09-09-2010, 07:25 PM.
                    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                      She is pretty good. I hate saying "for a girl", but the truth is, I can't think of many good female guitarists. Hell, I can't really think of many female guitarists in general... good or bad...
                      I think it's because most guitarists play to get pussy, so... Well I don't really need to spell the rest of that out.

Then again, Melissa Etheridge doesn't exactly shred either, so.... :think:

I'm gonna have to woodshed this theory a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                        First off , I'm a HUGE fan and have been for 4 years...well before she appeared on anyone's radar.

What's all the fuss???

1. SHE'S HOT!

2. She CAN play.

3. She's an even better singer.

4. She has the respect & backing of PRS, Carlos Santana and Steve Vai.

5. She was chosen by Michael Jackson for the ill fated tour...

That's more than enough for me, plus I saw her at NAMM '06 and '07 and she tore it up.

Here's an example that you missed (I was there) tell me she's not better than most of us here....keeping in mind she has a hired backing band . She's all of about 19 or 20 here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ22vUeFmBE
                        OK shes hot, who gives a fuck? if I want to see hot women, I will look at Hustler magazine. if I want to hear good guitar playing I will listen to George Lynch.

yes she can play, but she aint all that. she is very medioce in the grand scheme of guitarists. I agree with whomever said she wouldnt get any attention without her looks.

she is a good singer, but she aint no Ann Wilson. keep it in perspective.

the respect of Santana, Vai and PRS.......please...... dont make me puke.

And as for MJ picking her, the dude was drugged up, and look at him, he elected to make himself look like a circus freak, you think he had sound judgement?

Comment

MJ may have been fucked up in a lot of ways, but nobody EVER got a gig with him unless that person was at the top of their game.

how do you define a worthy guitarist? what makes her so UN-special? you keep saying she is mediocre in the grand scheme. i am curious to whom you compare her. BTW - i have no opinion of her at all. i watched the videos. to me, some songs were good, others ok, and some i didn't like. that is standard though. i am completely indifferent about orianthi....

i am always curious, too, when somebody starts a thread like this, what is that person's achievement on the instrument. like, what bands have you played with or how many albums, what gear endorsements do you have and what label backs your band/music? essentially, i am curious about a players resume....

so, can you enlighten us? i think it would be awesome to know your qualifications and what you are basing your judgement upon.
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

And as for MJ picking her, the dude was drugged up, and look at him, he elected to make himself look like a circus freak, you think he had sound judgement?

Musically?
                            Yes. All the personal BS has no affect on his ability to spot and use musical talent.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Its already been said here, but Ill say it again. Shes VERY good, as far as female players go. If she was a guy, she would get no attention. All her solos follow the same basic structure, mostly the same runs repeated. As far as guitarists go, average at best. As far as FEMALE guitarists go, probably one of the best.
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                              X