Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats all the hoopla about this Orianthi for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respect everyones opinion, but dude...

You hear that? Listen carefully.... That's the sound of nobody giving a shit. LOL

Don't take it the wrong way man, but she's hot and you're not. What did you lose a talent show to her when you guys were 12 that heavily influenced the rest of your life where she's a rockstar and you're just some dude, who rants about how tragic it is that some chick with talent and good looks is actually getting paid to do what she does? Again, don't take it the wrong way man. Sure, we agree. She's not as good. She's not a hack though.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      I bet Michael Angelo respects her hair style!
      dude, that was just uncalled for
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't understand all the fuss either. Her tone sucks, she plays generic shredding stuff over pop songs. Being a good guitar player doesn't mean playng fast.
        Scott

Comment

She is mediocre at best as a player, she is hot though. She will get respect from any player who can make a buck off of her. Thats the music business bros.
          On the other hand.. that Chelsea chick is good. Real good. If she was only hot and marketable she would have it made.
          Women have 2 obstacles when it come to getting respect as a guitar player. They need to be crazy good(just like guys) AND.. they need to be smoken hot.

Comment

I agree. her playing has no direction, no style. just blazing thru notes randomly. there is no character to her playing at all. no different than some teenager in a music store blazing away on some cheap amp trying to impress anyone in that can hear it.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
              I respect everyones opinion, but dude...

You hear that? Listen carefully.... That's the sound of nobody giving a shit. LOL

Don't take it the wrong way man, but she's hot and you're not. What did you lose a talent show to her when you guys were 12 that heavily influenced the rest of your life where she's a rockstar and you're just some dude, who rants about how tragic it is that some chick with talent and good looks is actually getting paid to do what she does? Again, don't take it the wrong way man. Sure, we agree. She's not as good. She's not a hack though.
              yes, you are correct, I am not hot. and just for the record, I am not bias here, I dont understand all the hoopla about Uli Roth either. bottom line is, people are making a huge fuss over nothing. she is a product of the music biz, its all about money, not music. its a gimick they can sell for a limited time, and just like break dancing and members only jackets, she too will be cast out by the powers that made her once her marketability is gone. in musical history she will be no more valid than the invention of the microwave oven.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                She is mediocre at best as a player, she is hot though. She will get respect from any player who can make a buck off of her. Thats the music business bros.
                On the other hand.. that Chelsea chick is good. Real good. If she was only hot and marketable she would have it made.
                Women have 2 obstacles when it come to getting respect as a guitar player. They need to be crazy good(just like guys) AND.. they need to be smoken hot.
                Chelsea is about the music and not the look, but I wish she'd get a makeover like Jennifer Batten did when she joined MJ's band. Not a big hair makeover, it's 2010 and not the 80s, but you get the idea. Jennifer was not smokin' but they made the best of her looks and of course that high-profile gig was the key.

It's a shame that her talent alone has not gotten her recognized but the world being what it is, she should get glammed up. I don't think she sings though, but maybe get another chick, a hottie who can sing, and make a team like Ann and Nancy Wilson were.
                She needs a songwriting partner and frontperson to get the fire started.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

She sings better than, say, Avril Lavigne...AND plays guitar at least as well as CC Deville. So, I don't have a problem with her fame. Whole lotta hatin' goin on! :think:

Comment

Ooooooo! Jennifer Batten, now THERE is a guitar player. Orianthi couldnt even be her waterboy. Batten kicks major ass. MJ should have just hired her back.

Comment

Working...
                    X